Jambands.ca

NFL 2010

Schwa.

DeAngelo Hall is getting 6.5M from Washington and he's not fit to wipe Revis' ass (not to mention the 15M signing bonus) but.....

On the other hand, we are comparing to a contract written up by the Raiders Redskins. That's like looking at the nutritional values of McDonald's meals.

NFL contracts are probably the only pro contracts where I'll often support the player that's being vastly underpaid. Their contracts aren't guaranteed and their careers are often too short.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL contracts are probably the only pro contracts where I'll often support the player that's being vastly underpaid. Their contracts aren't guaranteed and their careers are often too short.
Also, with football, you have to make your money in your prime, you never know when one play could end your career.

Was my paragraph too long?

Edited by Guest

Because of Al Davis? He's doled out far worse contracts than Nnamdi's. Who's kidding who, he's their best player.

I just hate the entire 'pen to paper' premise. If you signed it then do it. While its clear in this case someone isnt getting the money they could get, the reverse is always true. Why cant an owner lock out a player and say "Yeah you arent pulling your weight and we want to negotiate. Until there is a new contract, stay away from our facilities."

Was my paragraph too long?

I was just agreeing with you fucknuts! (and clarifying that the contracts weren't guaranteed, yeah, I know it's pretty common knowledge but hey there might be one person reading Rich that didn't know that). Besides I'm not used to you making intelligent points, it threw me off. Go eat a lobster and drink some rum.

Why cant an owner lock out a player and say "Yeah you arent pulling your weight and we want to negotiate. Until there is a new contract, stay away from our facilities."

Actually that's the whole point. They can cut a player anytime they fucking please, and if the player isn't injured they get nothing. The only guaranteed money is the signing bonus, that's why the bonuses are huge in the NFL. A player and team are free to renegotiate again but players just go elsewhere for the same amount the team wants to pay or even less sometimes. That's the whole cluster fuck of NFL contracts and why I more often than not agree with the player that's being massively underpaid (not the guy that's getting 4 but wants 6).

Sorry, I didnt word it properly but what I dont like is this entire "He is only getting paid 1 million dollars this season."

He signed a 6 year, 30 million dollar contract of which 11 is guaranteed. Play your 6 fucking years, get your THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS and sign another contract after that or hope for an extended one if you deserve it.

Maybe I am missing something?

You know what Booche, I think I'm with you on this one.

As of today, by not reporting, Revis nulls this season as counting towards his free agency, further more he had the option of voiding the last two years of his rookie contract.

Basically if he played for his 1M this year he could have voided his contract and become a free agent for next season. The Jets have the to option to buy back the final two years of his contract at what I believe is 20M (10 per year).

So really Revis is someone looking at 10M but wanting 15M having already earned around 3M per year factoring in the signing bonus. You win.

8. WAITING ON SPILLER: C.J. Spiller, the ACC’s player of the year last season, was being counted upon to make a significant impact on a Buffalo offence ranked 25th or worst in yards gained in each of the past seven seasons. Instead, he’s unsigned.

Now that he is all signed up and we have starter Fred Jackson out 4-6 weeks, and back up Lynch out 3-4 weeks; maybe CJ gets some starting time!!

Here is who I have (and remember I suck at this) for winning each division this year.

AFC East: So very sad to say the Jets. Miami just isn't there yet.

AFC West: SD Chargers for lack of anyone else to choose.

AFC North: Toughest call of them all but I think Cinci is gonna pull this one out finally.

AFC South: Indy. Duh.

NFC East: Another toughy but gotta go with the Giants this year.....Romo is overrated and the others seem to be semi-rebuilding.

NFC West: Looooooooong shot but gonna go with Coach Singletary and the 49'ers. Call it a soft spot.

NFC North: Da Pack.

NFC South: No one is gonna beat NO this year. No one.

You heard it here. I'm sure to be wrong on more than 50% but it's a slow day here at the office.

This is what Chris Schultz (TSN) has to say about the NFC North....just found it after typing original post.

The new champions of the NFC North will be the Green Bay Packers, moving ahead of the Minnesota Vikings to win the division.

Their key will be the durability of four key players who play great one-on-one football throughout a game. Mark Tauscher and Chad Clifton are closer to 35 than 30 and when you're playing a physical position like offensive tackle, that's more of a detriment than an asset.

The Packers finished second in the league in total defence and like the offence, the key question will be the durability of Charles Woodson and Al Harris.

If these four players can play all 16 games for Green Bay, they will take the North.

Brett Favre may be back in Minnesota, but Aaron Rodgers is still the best quarterback in the division. Everything was magical last season for the Vikings, with Favre throwing 33 touchdowns and just seven interceptions. Take away that too many men penalty and the Vikings would have been taking on the Colts in the Super Bowl.

The Bears will be better, if for no other reason, the amount of money they spent in free agency. A lot will depend on the working relationship between Mike Martz and Jay Cutler. Martz is a great offensive coordinator but his quarterbacks tend to get hit a lot and he relies heavily on getting the ball deep to the receivers.

The goal for the Lions this season is more about respectability than a possible playoff appearance. The last two drafts have been good to the Lions but an 8-8 season is unrealistic. They just have to improve with each and every game - and a win on the road would obviously be a good start

Edited by Guest

I have yet to go into an NFL football season with my expectations for the Bills being so pathetic.

Can't we just switch schedules with Albany and play out of the NorthEast in Div 1a? At least then we'd have a shot at .500 football.

Edit to add: The Bills are so fucking pathetic that they won't even get the #1 pick- they will lose it on strength of schedule to Detroit.

Edited by Guest

Of the 5 loses, 2 will be massive blowouts, 1 will be a tough fought game that they just couldn't pull out but they fought the good fight and 2 will be of the soul crushing variety that leaves their ardent supporters pale and lifeless.

Remember that game against the Pats last year, was that the season opener? Wow that was easily one of the most soul crushing losses I've ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...