Jambands.ca

Marco Benevento - Ottawa Oct.15, Hamilton Oct.16, Toronto Oct.17

briguy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

envelope 3 has been added to the Ottawa show.

100, if seeing the "stage" area is important. (Do they count the capacity if that side-room with the pool table in the 135 count?)

I’m not sure how Nat came up with 135. I haven’t been to Elmdale yet. Should I try and scale it back a bit?

How quickly are tickets going for the Elmdale? I suppose I should get on this right away but I'm rather excellent at procrastination...

They’re going fast. Pretty sure Elmdale will sell out in adv. I’d be surprised if it doesn’t. There’s about 15 Elmdale tickets left on Ticketweb and I’ll have a few more available soon at Elmdale, Vertigo, Lauzon Music, and Ottawa Folklore Centre. I was hoping to have tickets at these locations last week … sorry for the delay.

Thanks for supporting these shows!

They’re going fast. Pretty sure Elmdale will sell out in adv. I’d be surprised if it doesn’t. There’s about 15 Elmdale tickets left on Ticketweb and I’ll have a few more available soon at Elmdale, Vertigo, Lauzon Music, and Ottawa Folklore Centre. I was hoping to have tickets at these locations last week … sorry for the delay.

Thanks for supporting these shows!

if there was 15 left on Ticketweb, there are only 13 now :)

looking forward to this show.. and The Elmdale will be nice and intimate (and I'm also going to assume sweaty)

As for the capacity at 135, I'm sure that Nat would have just used the pre approved (by the Fire Dept and City) capacity.

This would mean that the count does include the other side of the bar where you won't be able to see anything- as these counts have nothing to do with sightlines but rather the number and location of exits, number of toilets etc.

Glad to hear that Envelope 3 will also be appearing at this "Festival of Maximum Occupancy".

yes guy!

I think if the Elmdale removes the tables on the 'stage' side, (like when the Hammerheads play there) 135 will be the perfect number- and probably make for a delightful evening of comfortable dancing and merriment!

Lots of room to sit and play pool for those okay just listening from the other side.

Exciting to have so many great shows in Hintonburgh!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

three weeks away and I'm damn excited.

Adv ticket demand in Ottawa was totally unexpected and they were snatched up so fast through Ticketweb it didn't make sense to sell tickets through too many other locations. Would've been like 5 tickets at each store. I apologize to anyone who might have been waiting for additional locations. I'll be better prepared for you next time. If you're among the people who bought Ticketweb tickets for Ottawa thank you so much. If anyone still needs one there's a few at Elmdale and Lauzon Music (cash only), and Mike might have some kicking around if you ask him nicely ;)

Elmdale is also going to move some tables and chairs to accommodate all you groovy cats.

The Subterraneans Collective are confirmed for support in Hamilton and Elizabeth Shepherd in Toronto.

Subterraneans Collective

http://thesubterraneans.ca

Elizabeth Shepherd

http://www.myspace.com/elizabethshepherd

I love how he plays with sound. Doubtful that it'll be a real dancey show but a treat for the ears for sure!

a few comments I've read on recent shows suggests otherwise although maybe the people posting were the only ones dancing. I don't know, I think we'll get some serious party numbers. Hope so.

Tooly: Make some kind of ring mod up distortion (with a dry blend) into a parallel phaser (with 2 different speeds if he wants) with stereo outs and have him send it back in time 28 hours so I can hear it in Ottawa.

Wanna Make it extra cool? Put an effects loop between the 2 stages and run half of the unit back into itself like a feedback loop.

If you can have the phaser EF-controllable it would certainly sound incredible on electric piano.

Good luck if this sounds cool to you too. It might not be the easiest but certainly neater than another rat clone.

yeah the back in time part will be tricky but i just got my flux capacitors up and running so once the Doc gets back ill do that

ring mod up dist. is feasible, dry blend feasible, parallel phaser and all that shit maybe not so much right now, but maybe. we will see what i get in the box this week, just bought about 30 more circuit boards and i KNOW theres a rat in there lol

i really dont know why all these guys love the rat so much, ive met a few ppl just in the last few weeks that swear by it, i dunno.

should be a good show, this ottawa show sounds like its gonna be a rager