Jambands.ca

Marco Benevento - Ottawa Oct.15, Hamilton Oct.16, Toronto Oct.17

briguy

You don't know why the rat is such a hit?

Have you played one - like, a lot? Great on bass, killer on guitar driving tubes adding some grit. After a green ringer (BYOC armstrong clone perhaps?), a rat would be intense.

Keep us posted. Get some muratic acid and etch the case with a neato 'Rheds' logo that looks like the Rhodes logo?

Sawtooth LFO lowpass filter might be better than bi-phasing to give a synthy element he probably doesn't have in his rig.

Feedback looping...would be a nice touch too.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elmdale is also going to move some tables and chairs to accommodate all you groovy cats.

Tapers' section! ;)

Aloha' date='

Brad[/quote']

I'm sure this can be arranged ;)

here's a preview of Marco in action with Dave Dreiwitz and Andrew Borger.

RSID - live @ the MoBoogie Loft

Fearless > Bennie And The Jets > Fearless - live @ the MoBoogie Loft

Sam Klass has also been added to the Hamilton show.

here's a preview of Marco in action with Dave Dreiwitz and Andrew Borger.

Have we heard the full line-up of the trio for this run? I figured Marco would be using Andrew Barr for the drums (esp. since the run starts in Montreal), but I think Land Of Talk is on tour in the states during October, so I'm not sure.

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...
TOOLY!

flip those 2 around! the octave up/ring mod distortion would work better BEFORE the diode clipping circuits.

The reason I say this is that I have a ringmod/up Octave distortion and it's pretty synthy and one of my favourite things in the world when I play it.

much of what you'd get from the rat - unless you introduce a clean blend with the RINGER - would be lost with the rat>ringer combo.

If you do the full on armstrong clone (BYOC) you'll have a punchier grind, as the orange squeezer/squash compressor can give you more going into the rat, and if you can put a clean blend on that between the ringer/rat then you'll have an even bigger range of layering with that pedal.

If he runs his rhodes through this and hits a fat bassy note, a blend can let that bass go through but have the added benefit of some insane overtones (bendy, twisty, unsettling, engaging)

Without a blend, hitting 2 notes together would be only useful when trying to tweak out on held notes or madness.

So...ringer (with blend) > Rat (with blend) would probably be the simplest and best (IMO) featureset without setting in the Squeezer>Ringer(blend)>Rat(blend)

Be sure to have the ringer and rat on separate toggles...or have some way to only use part of that box on its own.

I hope that you can get the soundcheck / tweaker trial taped. I really dig my octave up distortion with my bass.

I run:

5 string J bass with tapewound strings>

>Octaver (down)

> Octav(i)a

> parallel fuzz/overdrive

> EHX Bassballs (dynamic (EF) filter)

> Phaser (Envelope Following or LFO)

Keep in mind that electric guitar is not as full of range an instrument as electric Piano, so limiting the frequency spectrum going out instead of opening it up going in would severely limit the use of your creation.

WOW! Is this in the Bee Keeper curriculum?

Sun.Oct.17 @ El Mocambo – doors 8PM -- :: $15 ADV

w/ guest Elizabeth Shepherd, myspace.com/elizabethshepherd

783 College St. Toronto, M6G 1C5

http://www.elmocambo.ca

Tickets available through Ticketweb.ca (online and over the

phone 1-888-222-6608), Soundscapes, Rotate This, and Play De Record

I've been listening to a few records by Elizabeth Shepherd (streamable ES recordings can be found here), and having her on the bill should make for an even killerer night of music.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

Wait a sec...

I've been looking around...

Bustle in your Hedgerow..

From the ween message boards

Bustle In Your Hedgerow will be performing on October 8 at Mexicali Live in Teaneck New Jersey and October 9 at The Brooklyn Bowl in Brooklyn New York...

The band is(me) Dave Dreiwitz on bass, Joe Russo on drums, Scott Metzger on guitar and Marco Benevento on piano and organ...We are an all instrumental Led Zeppelin tribute band....

then the trio tour starts (according to Benevento's website) after these two show and according to the Benevento myspace includes...

Between the Needles and Nightfall was conceived at Trout Recording in Photobucket Brooklyn, NY where engineer Bryce Goggin (Pavement, Akron/Family) tracked Marco Benevento and his trio, featuring bassist Reed Mathis and drummer Andrew Barr, over three days.

Soooo...what band we gonna see?

Edited by Guest

Soooo...what band we gonna see?
Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, and Hamilton will have Dave Dreiwitz from Ween on bass and Andrew Borger from Tom Waits, Norah Jones, and Ani DiFranco on drums. After 10/17 I believe the lineup changes a few more times throughout the tour, including a few solo shows.

Aloha,

Brad