Jambands.ca

Any new Bobby dosing info?

zero

Hold up now. Does this mean that I'm never gonna get a discount on a Steinway or an overpriced Taylor AND no free tickets to Cornmeal?

I was hoping for someone whose door I could knock on in a pinch or call on the telephone in the middle of the night. You know friends. Like Jon and I, or Weirdness and I or a handful of you others.

Hold up now. Does this mean that I'm never gonna get a discount on a Steinway or an overpriced Taylor AND no free tickets to Cornmeal?

I was hoping for someone whose door I could knock on in a pinch or call on the telephone in the middle of the night. You know friends. Like Jon and I, or Weirdness and I or a handful of you others.

Just remember that a good amount of people here helped you out when you got out of the Don and had yourself a grand old episode. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and all that good stuff about bridges burning....

You know what people like to think they helped me - some did - saying chip up buddy on an internet message board using an 'avatar' ain't it.

I mean really the rocks in my life over the last few years have been Roger Leavens (not on the board), Pete Lane, Mary O'Connell and Lara Purvis oh and definitely Adam Culliford who I've known since I was a teenager and Pete since I was a child.

People tend to confuse chatting on the internet with being there for someone. I don't know if you're mom or dad died, if your brother or sister died, if your child is in ill health, if you're in ill health. I'm not there for you because we're not involved in each others lives. I've barely ever met - if at all- any of you outside of the context of a show. And mind you the musicians tend to get me to sit on details they don't want made known by playing the 'friend' card- when it's more like a 'frand' card.

As far as coming around it's the motto of this place isn't it. This musical culture that began with the Dead hasn't let out it's death rattle yet but it's coming. And we all agree that a younger generation hasn't come along (and for who? seriously) - my younger brothers and sisters wouldn't be caught dead at a Phish show let alone a Cornmeal show.

Just saying.

I've read on a few boards related to Furthur tour discusssion and dead discussion that Bobby was most certainly doesed and he hasn't does for like 25yrs or more so it was a suprise.

apparently after the show Jill Lesh, Phil's wife and Furthur tour manager tore a massive strip off the crew suspecting that someone in the crew did it for a joke or to get thier 15min of fame.

In any case I think all things considered he handled it very well and played the second set in a better state.

I don't think they administered charcoal or any of that. I think they calmed him down, drank lots of water maybe hit the pipe to mellow him out and then he was able to comprehend what was happening.

Bobby's a trouper!

personally I think Beiber dosed him.

134319110-50738332191d8f500778a179a82d0cf6_4c4a10e0-full-353x.jpg

Edited by Guest

Back to the conversation at hand... can you point me to those relevant threads about Jil tearing a strip off the crew. I totally felt something like that would've happened in the backstage. Eliminating the crew as a source means they'd move onto the security, those in the backstage (liability at every level), then the venue. It's a huge huge health issue and shouldn't be treated any differently than a girl being roofied (not assaulted just drugged, the musicians and friends I've showed this to were disgusted within a couple of minutes while a handful of people thought inappropriately it was funny).

I would say they gave him more than a toke or two. Charcoal is not really the course of action for something like that but they definitely would have given him valium not likely thorazine (i.e. Thorazine Shuffle) unless he was way out of it. I'd imagine he got a physical once over from their touring MD if they have one or the venues or left the venue pronto and got health care elsewhere.

Thanks for the insight to the actual topic at hand.

I don't know...I think once/if he came to grips with the fact that he had been 'dosed' that he likely would have been able to come around without pharmies. But just some wild speculation on my part.

I haven't the slightest inkling what Bobby's 'health care regime' is. I'm thinking even after 25 years there'd be enough familiarity that he'd be able to ride it out...esp. when surrounded by those that care about him and know first hand what he would have been going through...

Back to the conversation at hand... can you point me to those relevant threads about Jil tearing a strip off the crew. I totally felt something like that would've happened in the backstage. Eliminating the crew as a source means they'd move onto the security, those in the backstage (liability at every level), then the venue. It's a huge huge health issue and shouldn't be treated any differently than a girl being roofied (not assaulted just drugged, the musicians and friends I've showed this to were disgusted within a couple of minutes while a handful of people thought inappropriately it was funny).

I would say they gave him more than a toke or two. Charcoal is not really the course of action for something like that but they definitely would have given him valium not likely thorazine (i.e. Thorazine Shuffle) unless he was way out of it. I'd imagine he got a physical once over from their touring MD if they have one or the venues or left the venue pronto and got health care elsewhere.

Thanks for the insight to the actual topic at hand.