Jambands.ca

Chocolate Town!!!

kung

So what to say the boys turned TO into Brown Town without a doubt. They were spraying the shit around at full blast. I'm currently fighting off waves of nauseau and praying for the end of the business day but this is what I can piece together from last night. Still can't recall the opener oddly enough, I'm sure Todd and Stapes know what it was.

Spinal Meningitis, Marble Tulip Juicy Tree, Piss Up A Rope, Happy Colored Marbles,You Fucked Up, Don't Sweat It, Dr. Rock, Zoloft, Voodoo Lady, Roses Are Free, Captain, Help Me Scrape The Mucous Off My Brain, Buckingham GreenJohnny On The Spot E: Fluffy, Poopship Destroyer, Blarney Stone

WOW! Last night was my first Ween show and I have to say they rocked. For sure the best show I have seen in Toronto in years! Packed house, sounded great (can you believe it?), and I was shocked by how many songs I knew. Way to many "standers" (how can you NOT dance?!), but all in all a great time.

It was great to see the Ottawa crew make the trip. I won't name names, you know who you are!

SETLIST

11-03-03 Kool Haus Toronto, ON

she wanted to leave, spinal meningitis, marble tulip juicy tree, piss up a rope, happy coloured marbles, take me away, you fucked up, even if you don't, wavin' my dick in the wind, voodoo lady, don't sweat it, bananas and blow, roses are free, she fucks me, help me scrape the mucus off my brain, tried and true, i'll be your johnny on the spot, stroker ace, touch my tooter, ocean man, all of my love, dr. rock, zoloft, buckingham green, captain, fluffy

Encore: poopship destroyer, the blarney stone

Incredible show... just wish those wankers throwing things at Aaron would bugger off and perhaps, um... i don't know, DIE? Dumb.

Anyways, the little ditty on the keys before the encore was fabulous. I especially liked Claude prancing around in some strange wig while Deaner played the drums.

on a show note- fantastic without a doubt...on a picture note I caught so many great moments its freaky! Glad to see all and everyone think good thoughts for the taper man he needs some good vibes!

but on a crowd note- on the whole what a crowd what a show- but there were exceptions such as throwers of shit and spillers of shit and smarmy come on dudes who won't fucking step off!there is no accounting for all ween fans...recalling and earlier tour story regarding a bottle thrown on stage.

Some fucking people.

Yeah - I kept seeing people barging through the tapers area - stupid fucks. When I heard some of the crowd chanting "Wee, Ween, Ween..." I knew all I had to about certain members of the audience. Constant invasions of space, ploughing through people, standing around, it goes on and on. Thankfully the music made up for any shortcomings in the crowd and then some!

quote:

and smarmy come on dudes who won't fucking step off!

I had to deal with that too. The good thing is Ween kept my mind off a lot of stupid shit that was going on in that crowd.

And there were SO many awesome people there too... great to experience that with all of you!

Can't wait to see them again!

I should have pictures to post soon. Check out my site: www.littlemisspink.ca

Groove Fetish - are you going to be uploading those pictures? I'd love to see them!

Oh and it goes without saying that I got taxed by a scalper only to find out the box office was still selling. Fortunately Hendrick got tapped out as well so it balanced out. I took some comfort that some crack head was having an angry fix on me last night, all nustled up and cozy in his garbage bag. I get the sense this is the guy that Hendy was supposed to grab his tick off though:

quote:

A little side story here. I had an extra ticket for the show. So I post it here and someone jumps all over it. I glad that I get to help out a fan excited to see the show. So I get up to Toronto and he calls me, says he'll be there in about 20 min.,tell each other what we are wearing so we can find each other. I go stand out in the rain waiting for this dude, there's a pretty specific way into the venue so I stand and watch every mother fucker walk in. Out in the cold for about an hour and a half. Almost show time. I hear the band going on stage, so finally I say fuck him and sell my extra to some dude(for face value of course) about to get ripped by a scalper. Go into the show and have missed the first two songs.

So to the dude who was supposed to meet me, you are a cock gobbling motherfucker. No need to make me wait in the fucking rain. I could have just as easily sold my ticket and not had to wait. But I did. Why? Because I said I would. And you don't show up. I hope that someday you get ass raped by several large prison inmates. Fucking bitch.

well i was there too, and i didnt have any problems with smarmy come-on dudes... does that mean i am the smarmy come-on dude? not likely.

i thought the show was great. not too familiar with ween, but my favorites were the heaviest ones... i think, dr.rock, and the metal-jam during the boogie-oogie woogie song. (is that usually part of the song?) fluffy, mucus, and piss up a rope were great too... i really like their country hits [smile]

Sexual harrasment,my friend Sara,got grabbed a few times and held agaisnt her will after the show by some dick head wanting her to come to a party with him,luckily another girl saw this and got security or a cop(I am not sure) and they guy was charged with sexual assualt since he was grabbin a few spots he shouldnt have been when they grabbed him.

Why does this not surprise me at a ween show? [Roll Eyes]

Can't wait for the court date,I'll be right outside waiting for this motherfucker.

quote:

Originally posted by Esau13:

Why does this not surprise me at a ween show?
[Roll Eyes]

Can't wait for the court date,I'll be right outside waiting for this motherfucker.

To be fair, creeps like this could be at any show at any time. No need to attach a band to the behaviour of it's audience.

As for Mr. Grabhands: Pummel him well, pummel him right, but whatever you do, pummel pummel pummel! [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by MarcO:

To be fair, creeps like this could be at any show at any time. No need to attach a band to the behaviour of it's audience.

I guess one wouldnt attach,a fan to the band?

Had nothing to do with the band literally,but it just doesn't surprise me at a Ween show,after hearing from Sara and reading the above comments.Reading their message board and what not,I made my call.

After reading about the show on the ween site,I guess I should say its Canadians then,only problem this asshole was from the USA.

quote:

Originally posted by Esau13:

quote:

Originally posted by MarcO:

I guess one wouldnt attach,a fan to the band?

Um, no. No need to. I've met a few "Deadhead" jerks along the way too......

All I'm saying is this spermwaste could have been grabbin' girls at a Queens of The Stone Age show, or a Cuff The Duke show, a New Deal show or a Bon Jovi show. In this case, fucknut attended a Ween show. It's not Ween's fault.

Guys like that are probably a problem long before they bought a Ween ticket.

Not arguing, just stressing my point. [Wink]

Marc0,

I never blamed the band,just doesn't surprise me coming from their fans.Not the first time this shit happened at their shows,read about a similar incident on Terrapin,earlier this year in the states.

And yes,it could have been any show,but it wasnt was it?What does the deaheads have to do with this,I have met more jackass heads then any other bands fans.Alot doesn't surprise me with deadheads.

quote:

All I'm saying is this spermwaste could have been grabbin' girls at a Queens of The Stone Age show, or a Cuff The Duke show, a New Deal show or a Bon Jovi show. In this case, fucknut attended a Ween show. It's not Ween's fault.

Tell my friend Sara this when she hits a PJC one time then,I know I cannot or would not try to rationalize it to her,hope you can.

Not looking to slam the band,I could care less about the band really,nothing worth slamming.

Still doesn't surprise me at a ween show.

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

where can i read about this greg?

Its not on the net Steve,when Sara decides to come to Hamilton,I will have her tell you the story.

But if ya want to read about the beer throwing and beer can throwing,Canadian slammin just got to their web site message forum,look for the Toronto thread.

Archived