Jambands.ca

Star Wars on Blu-Ray - New Scenes!

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

George Lucas announced today that all six Star Wars movies will be released on Blu-Ray next year. Included will be some new deleted scenes never seen before! Here is a description of a new deleted scene from Return of the Jedi:

"We were then shown the scene, which would have taken place after Darth Vader

arrives on the second Death Star at the beginning of Return of the Jedi. We see Vader walking down a corridor and into an elevator on the Death Star. We then cut to Vader inside his medication chamber, a la Empire Strikes Back. As Vader sits there, the camera moves into a close-up and we hear him reaching out with the Force. "Luke. Luke. Join me in the dark side of the Force. My son. It is the only way."

As Vader continues to repeat Luke's name, we cut to a tight close-up of Luke, insinuating he is hearing his father's voice. it's a very ominous shot of Luke, who is wearing his cloak and hood, with the shadows from the hood blocking out his eyes completely - in line with how Darth Sideous' face is mostly hidden. As Vader's voice fades away, the camera pans down to Luke's hands, and we see that he is using a tool to complete work on his new lightsaber. Satisfied, he puts the tool down and holds the lightsaber hilt up, igniting it – in what would have been the first reveal of the green blade.

We cut to a shot from the side and see Luke is sitting inside a cave on Tatooine, with C-3P0 standing outside, waiting for him – no doubt to receive his orders to head to Jabba the Hutt."

Well that could be pretty cool - although 'new' Star Wars material is getting about as ridiculous as 'new' Beatles material, if you catch my drift.

What I'm really hoping for is the heavily rumoured scene in III where Yoda figures out Qui-Gonn's trick and 'becomes his apprentice'

I have no doubt that I'll be buying AND rewatching the entire star wars story when this comes out. Then when the next super duper definition format comes out, I'll do it all over again. i've been buying starwars since they came out on VHS so I wonder if this is it? Bluray has to be the end of the line.

For now...

do you think we'll see a new higher def technology? 3D is not going to fly as a standard, but would 2160p be the next step using rewritable memory rather than optical discs? Or maybe they'll just remake the movie like everything else which might actually be cool if that was left up to Chris Nolan.

0_61_488395_starwars.jpg

Guest Low Roller

The Total Recall mash-up is hilarious!

I'm pretty sure that we can expect Star Wars 3D after the Blu-Rays. This is George Lucas we're talking about here... he's knows he's sitting on a cash cow and he will keep milking it.