Jambands.ca

Link to TO Ratdog review on Chartattack

Raven_Space

quote:

Weir has had ongoing problems entering Canada since1977 due to an incident surrounding organic bee pollen

???

was it full of honey oil or something?

I figured Weir had trouble getting into the country when he came out for the encore and said "you guys make it worth coming up here."

That incident is covered in either one of David Gans or Blair Jackson's books. At the border, Weir has organic bee pollen for some reason (isn't e - or wasn't he - some kinda crazy health freak) and when the border guard asked him what it was, apparently he quipped back something to the effect of 'go ahead, try it for yourself and see.'

Nah, nothing immediately. Exclaim! was supposed to run a review I did of the August Dead/Dylan/Hunter show at Darien Lake in their September issue but it got bumped due to space constraints. Hopefully they'll run my DVD review of "A Head's Tale" in the December issue.

I was going to review String Cheese, but their publicity never got back even though they asked and asked and asked like crazy on previous tours for me to attend a show (I couldn't for some reason or another).

-SP

I don't think I am going to go to moe. in Toronto. to be honest, I was bored to tears when they played in toronto last summer with Phil and Friends. Not my thing...

I think instead I'll probably be at the Dimmu Borgir/ Children of Bodom / Nevermore / hypocrisy show at the Guvernment in toronto that night. Can't get enough of that Swedish and Norwegian black metal in a live setting - Hail Satan! (just kidding... sort of)

-SP

Archived