Jambands.ca

Phish releasing 11.2.96 on DVD - out October 19th

Basher

allmusic.com info

11/02/96 Coral Sky Ampitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL

With Karl Perazzo for the whole show

Set I: Ya Mar, Julius, Fee> Taste, Cavern, Stash, The Lizards, Free, Johnny B Goode

Set II: Crosseyed and Painless1> Run Like An Antelope, Waste, Harry Hood, A Day in the Life, Sweet Adeline

Encore: Funky Bitch2

1 "Must hear"

2 With Butch Trucks

Coral Sky

Phish

1 Ya Mar

2 Julius

3 Fee

4 Taste

5 Cavern

6 Stash

7 The Lizards

8 Free

9 Johnny B. Goode

10 Crosseyed and Painless

11 Run Like an Antelope

12 Waste

13 Harry Hood

14 A Day In the Life

15 Sweet Adeline

16 Funky Bitch

Year 2010

Type DVD

Label EMPrecords

Catalog # JEMP1058

Product Description:

"On November 2nd, 1996, Phish performed at Coral Sky Amphitheater in West Palm Beach, FL; the only outdoor shed show of the Fall Tour. A long-time fan favorite, the show features special guests including Karl Perazzo (from Santana) on percussion throughout and Butch Trucks (from The Allman Brothers Band), playing drums during the encore. Along with a few palm trees, the DVD showcases the birth of the band's more rhythmic, textured group improv style and conveys their and the crowd's excitement at the breakthrough. The audio for the DVD is fully mixed and mastered for 5.1 surround."

"This is a 2-disc set, and it will be released on October 19th, 2010."

-Burglekutt

Edited by Guest

Much like Bob, I wore out my tape of this in my old Honda. When that car went to the graveyard I left the tape in it because they were both one of the same. I couldnt imagine one without the other.

Awesome fucking show. I cant wait to see this. The absolute BEST Crosseyed And Painless.

From http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/phish-to-release-coral-sky-dvd/

It’s been quite some time since a new Phish DVD came out, so we we’re overjoyed to see that – according to a newly created page on Allmusic which includes a JEMP catalog number – the band will be releasing video of its November 2, 1996 performance at the Coral Sky Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach, FL titled Coral Sky. The show came just two days after the groundbreaking Remain In Light cover set in Atlanta and features a ridiculously good Crosseyed and Painless > Run Like An Antelope segment.

We’re still awaiting more details on the release, but at least now we can start salivating over what should be an incredible archival release. Other highlights besides the 45-minute Crossalope include a unique version of Ya Mar that opens and percussion guest star Karl Perazzo’s work throughout. Segments of this show were broadcast on the radio including the aforementioned Ya Mar and Crossalope. This marks the first time video of this gig will be seen by the masses and makes two archival DVD releases in a row from a three month period along with the previously released Clifford Ball set.

Saturday, 11/02/1996 Coral Sky Amphitheater, West Palm Beach, FL

Set 1: Ya Mar, Julius, Fee -> Taste, Cavern, Stash, The Lizards, Free, Johnny B. Goode

Set 2: Crosseyed and Painless -> Run Like an Antelope, Waste, Harry Hood, A Day in the Life, Sweet Adeline

Encore: Funky Bitch

Notes: Karl Perazzo sat in on percussion for the entire show. Butch Trucks joined the band on drums for the encore while Fishman played Trey’s percussion rack. The lyric “Norton Charlton Heston†replaced “Marco Esquandolas†in Antelope. Portions of this performance (Ya Mar, Crosseyed/Antelope, Waste, Hood, and ADITL) were released to the syndicated radio program The Album Network.

[via Phish.net]

We’ll let you know as soon as the band officially announces Coral Sky.

Guest Low Roller

Ha! When Booche originally gave me a 'selection' of Phish tunes, by year, to entice me to dig a little deeper into the band one of the 1996 songs he gave me was a single file mp3 of Crosseyed>Antelope coming it at a whopping 37:38 total duration. I can only assume that we are talking about the same Crosseyed>Antelope?

Guest Low Roller

Not likely. Every Phish song you gave me is interrupted in the middle of a jam with a momentary cryptic statements like "I hate you", "die die die", and "cockgulper". I found the subliminal messages quite bizarre, but figured it was just a thing that Phish did. That is until one day when I downloaded a Phish track that I didn't realize was already part of my collection thanks to you. I listened to it and to my amazement there was no messages of hate pasted into the song! To this day I think that you edited each and every one of those tracks to send me a message.

I just don't know what that message is. Buddy.

• 3 weeks later...