Jambands.ca

Phall Tour

skelter

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An extra $10 to not have Live Phish decommissioned is well worth it in my opinion. I am allergic to mp3's but the other formats are still going to make the rounds and if this is what it takes to keep making them available then that's OK with me.

Apparently someone was chatting with Gordo recently and there was mention that Live Phish might be going down due to the fact that there was a severely low D/L rate and hence it was costing them to keep it up and running which I'm sure wasn't the idea that they had to begin with.

It would be a crying shame to loose access to all of the boards for sure.

An "upgrade" option to FLAC or HD Flac at minimal cost would be ideal.

An extra $10 to not have Live Phish decommissioned is well worth it in my opinion. I am allergic to mp3's but the other formats are still going to make the rounds and if this is what it takes to keep making them available then that's OK with me.

completely agree. although, it is clearly a cash grab. the cumulative capacity of the venues for the dates on this tour is 145,600 (yay google!). assuming even 80% sold-out, that would amount to well over $1,100,000 additional revenues. there is no way the downloads cost them that much.

but yeah, in the greater scheme of things, $60 for a ticket isn't bad at all.

Phish has been pretty stagnant from $40 to $50 for several years... in 2.0 and 3.0. You cant tell me that the expenses are exactly the same over that period of time especially with the changing economy. Maybe just maybe they are running a business and need the extra revenue to cover new costs... Ck5's new rig? Definitely broader than the last few tours. Costs of venues? Coast to coast tours? I'm completey fine with 60, mp3 or not.