Jambands.ca

Congrats Beau's!!

gentlemonkey

• 7 months later...

Ottawa's local (ish) brewery- Beau's cleaned up at the Golden Tap awards... Best Microbrewery and best year-round beer! I agree 100% !!! SO effing tasty. I'm pretty sure its available at LCBOs all over Southern Ontario now.

I saw this in the local LCBO and sampled it last night for the first time. SO effing tasty is right! My new favourite beer!

Peace, Mark

I'll be the first naysayer...

It's a great original beer idea but Lug Tread has an odd sweet finish that I don't prefer.

That said, I loved it the first time I had it, had about 4 in a row and it kept me looking out for it at the LC for a few months until their s.o. distribution was sorted out (now it's also at the Brain and the Ship in Hamilton). It's a very different kind of beer, that's for sure.

I liked the IPEh. It's tough to find around here.

I'm super happy to see a few Canadian Craft Brewers putting out IPA's lately.

Ontario seems to be slow on the IPA trend, but things are certainly improving. When I was in BC last winter, IPAs were plentiful made by several local craft breweries. I wish the Kingston Brew Pub would export some of their beers other than Dragon's Breath.

I've seen the IPEh at a few stores in the GTA.

I hope they make it a regular feature though.

I love my hops as well!

For those that don't check the food forum, where beer is discussed regularly, Southern Tier's Gemini is a great brew. Be warned, it is 9.1% and two big boys will get you good and buzzed.

Get'em while you can.

Edited by Guest