Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

I'll be sending a similar e-mail, definitely with the bold section removed. Air Canada's letter to the NHL made absolutely no request that Chara's non-suspension be rescinded. In fact, the news I read indicated Air Canada sent their letter before Chara's hearing even took place.

Yeah, I took it out too Freak but that is how I found the letter so I kept it intact when I posted it here.

Edited by Guest
silght change

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I am upset and disgusted that the league didn't think enough of (the hit) to suspend him. I'm not mad for myself, I'm mad because if other players see a hit like that and think it's okay, they won't be suspended, then other players will get hurt like I got hurt."

"It's been an emotional day. I saw the video for the first time this morning. You see the hit, I've got a fractured vertebrae, I'm in hospital and I thought the league would do something, a little something. I'm not talking a big number, I don't know, one game, two games, three games...whatever, but something to show that it's not right."

"I heard (Chara) said he didn't mean to do it. I felt he did mean to do it. I would feel better if he said he made a mistake and that he was sorry for doing that, I could forgive that, but I guess he's talking about how I jumped up or something."

"I believe he was trying to guide my head into the turnbuckle. We all know where the turnbuckle is. It wasn't a head shot like a lot of head shots we see but I do feel he targeted my head into the turnbuckle."

Guest Low Roller

From CBC.ca:

"The NHL's decision Wednesday to not give further sactions outraged Montreal hockey fans who have organized a series of protests including outside the Bell Centre at the next home game on March 14.

Another protest will take place the same day outside the NHL office in downtown Montreal the same day."

Guest Low Roller

Apparently when NHL VP of hockey operations "gathered all the facts" before his decision, he omitted asking MaxPac for his version of events.

What a joke!!

"If you cause a player to be injured, then you have to be responsible for the play that you're involved in, if there's any carelessness or recklessness in it."

- Colin Campbell, on decision to suspend Alex Ovechkin for his hit on Brian Campbell.

COCKMUNCHERS the lot of em

[color:purple]Maybe Colin Campbell should of had some input on the Chara hit and mentioned this.

Schwa, the NFL has been evolving for years and in the process they have been implenting rules to protect their players.

Why cant the NHL?

Implementing rules is great. have you seen a reduction in head shots or just an increase in fines. I'm not convinced they'll ever stop ever. It's a contact sport and sometimes the head will be the part that gets contact.

Sloth, I didn't mean that we should give Chara a full season suspension. I was using the extreme to show my point that given such an extreme consequence the hits will keep on coming. C'mon man.

It's not about stopping them. It's about minimizing them. Seatbelts save lives.
have you seen a reduction in head shots or just an increase in fines.

NFL qb's have called and are telling Bilbo Baggins to go back to the Shire and smoke another bong.

Roethlisberger is loading one up as we speak. heady NFL hydro.

Guest Low Roller

Max Pacioretty's injury is horrific, but it's part of the game.

The league can find other carriers if Air Canada doesn't want the NHL's business.