Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

Guest Low Roller

Betteman took Air Canada's bluff and raped it.

Another thing Betteman said:

"Most concussions this year as a result of falls or accidents rather than bad hits."

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Telling Air Canada to eat dick is on the short list of things Bettman has done that made me smile. I'm in the "a sponsor has the choice to sponsor or to not sponsor, not dictate what the product should be" camp.

I'd like to see the NHL tell the Montreal heat to do their jobs and go solve a murder or rape case. Shit, go direct traffic at least.

I am sure everyone is going to applaud this.

According to a source at the Montreal General hospital, injured Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty was able to leave his hospital bed today and walk around for a little bit.

Is Sloth going to suggest it was all a hoax in hopes this 'injury' would get Chara a lengthy suspension? That'ld be awesome.....if he suggested it that is.

I am sure everyone is going to applaud this.
According to a source at the Montreal General hospital, injured Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty was able to leave his hospital bed today and walk around for a little bit.

Let me be the first. :clapclap:

Glad to see I'm getting under your skin, there's something to be said about someone that gives it but can't take it. There's even more to be said about someone that gives it a whole lot and can't take it a little.

As far as I am concerned, this is more about potentially saving a kid from becoming a parpaplegic or much much worse. If you were watching the Bruins-Habs game live then I am willing to bet you were going through the exact same terrifying reaction that I was. It could have been a Bruins player and I would have felt the same way. I dont ever want to go through that again.

What I'd like to suggest is that you grow a pair. Did you really go for a "Won't someone think of the children!?!". In writing? Jesus my friend you've struck rock bottom.

Try this, don't watch contact sports.

Don't get me wrong, what happened to that kid sucks and Chara should be suspended but you don't think you could go through that again? You okay dumpling? Tears dried up, shakes all gone? Tell Lynn to give you a hug and go squeeze your kid, you'll be fine.

It sucks every time someone gets carted off the ice/field, it really does but to overreact so massively and pathetically like you have is lame.

Montreal fans have limp dicks. Confirm'd.

Im glad the guy is doing okay.

740.jpg

Guest Low Roller

Dear Fans,

I would like to thank you all for your comments and support as the Pacioretty family, and our entire organization, deal with this difficult situation. I share your frustration, disappointment and shock. I feel for Max, the team and you, our fans.

Max, on behalf of my family, fans and all who are associated with this great organization, rest assured that we are all behind you and hope for a full recovery.

The Montreal Canadiens is an institution that has played a leadership role in this League and in our community for over 100 years, and you can count on us to continue to do so in the future. The news of the NHL decision yesterday was a hard blow for both the players and fans of the Montreal Canadiens. It was one which shook the faith that we, as a community, have in this sport that we hold in such high regard.

The Montreal Canadiens organization does not agree with the decision taken yesterday by the National Hockey League. We can assure you that we have made our position clear to Commissioner Gary Bettman, and that he has agreed to make this issue a priority at the next General Manager’s meeting, which will be held in Florida on March 14-16. Pierre Gauthier, our General Manager, will be present at this meeting and has already expressed his wish to carry out, clearly, our message to his 29 counterparts and to the League.

Our organization believes that the players’ safety in hockey has become a major concern, and that this situation has reached a point of urgency. At risk are some of the greatest professional athletes in the world, our fan base and the health of our sport at all levels. Players’ safety in hockey must become the ultimate priority and the situation must be addressed immediately. As a proud father of three hockey players, I want to help create a healthy and safe experience for them, and I certainly never want any family to go through what the Pacioretty’s are experiencing at this moment.

We understand and appreciate hockey being a physical sport, but we do not accept any violent behavior that will put the players’ health and safety at risk. On this specific issue, I am asking for the support of the 29 other NHL owners, to address urgently this safety issue. And I am willing to play a leadership role in coordinating this group effort.

You are the best fans in the league, and I am proud to have you behind us. Both the team and Max need your support now more than ever. A solid playoff run is just around the corner and we are counting on you to carry us deep into the spring!

GO HABS GO!

Geoff Molson

Chairman of the Board of Directors and Team Owner

I guarantee you the amount of money Air Canada gives to the NHL is more helpful to the NHL then the amount of service the NHL gives to Air Canada.

The problem here is that Bettman looks like a fool publicly and therefore makes the NHL look stupid. He should have kept those comments behind closed doors until the league had time to speak with Air Canada directly.

The NHL has been discussing head shots, illegal pays, injuries etc for years but has done nothing...

The NHL loves to talk "precedent" when dealing with potential suspensions. So what is the precedent here? Say this play happens tonight in Toronto... same play and someone goes head first in to the boards because of a hit (intentional or not) and is killed... Does the player who caused the hit walk away free as a bird?

The point is there is no accountability right now. Whether a players means to or not they have to be responsible for their stick and body on the ice.

Right now the precedent is hit and the NHL will guess if the play was intentional or not... That is almost always impossible to determine. The only way to stop hits such as this is to make players realize there will be action taken of you go too far and seriously hurt someone.

There is no perfect way to handle this but all the NHL has done over the last few years is nothing... that is the precedent set.

Hey Troll, I mean Sloth, I cant wait until dies from a hit that could have been avoided had the NHL taken the necessary means and that it happens right in front of your eyes. We'll see where you stand. Lord knows the odds of that happening to McNabb are greatly reduced in the NFL because they have shown proper regulatory measures, although I am sure you wish someone like DeMarcus Ware could take care of said problem for you next year should Donovan somehow return to that shitshow.

Yes. I know...........but maybe you'll finally understand the point. Not that I am expecting it since I have pretty much seen drool dripping from your mouth which eventually turned to ice and stayed there just as we witnessed it with MaxPac on RDS the other night.

broken+record.jpg

Let the record show I wish no ill will to Ottawa's first selection in the upcoming draft nor do I wish to see it happen to any hockey player.

Guest Low Roller
"It’s just something with Boston," Thornton said. "It just seems like they have a horseshoe. We’ve seen the [Milan] Lucic cross-check to the head [of Maxim Lapierre] earlier, and there’s no disciplinary thing.

"It’s just something about Boston and the disciplinary [process] is on their side. I’m not sure why that is. I’m not assuming that Colin’s kid is on the team and that’s why, but it’s really bizarre."

Glad to see I'm getting under your skin, there's something to be said about someone that gives it but can't take it. There's even more to be said about someone that gives it a whole lot and can't take it a little.
As far as I am concerned, this is more about potentially saving a kid from becoming a parpaplegic or much much worse. If you were watching the Bruins-Habs game live then I am willing to bet you were going through the exact same terrifying reaction that I was. It could have been a Bruins player and I would have felt the same way. I dont ever want to go through that again.

What I'd like to suggest is that you grow a pair. Did you really go for a "Won't someone think of the children!?!". In writing? Jesus my friend you've struck rock bottom.

Try this, don't watch contact sports.

Don't get me wrong, what happened to that kid sucks and Chara should be suspended but you don't think you could go through that again? You okay dumpling? Tears dried up, shakes all gone? Tell Lynn to give you a hug and go squeeze your kid, you'll be fine.

It sucks every time someone gets carted off the ice/field, it really does but to overreact so massively and pathetically like you have is lame.

Montreal fans have limp dicks. Confirm'd.

Im glad the guy is doing okay.

740.jpg

Hey Troll, I mean Sloth, I cant wait until dies from a hit that could have been avoided had the NHL taken the necessary means and that it happens right in front of your eyes. We'll see where you stand. Lord knows the odds of that happening to McNabb are greatly reduced in the NFL because they have shown proper regulatory measures, although I am sure you wish someone like DeMarcus Ware could take care of said problem for you next year should Donovan somehow return to that shitshow.

Yes. I know...........but maybe you'll finally understand the point. Not that I am expecting it since I have pretty much seen drool dripping from your mouth which eventually turned to ice and stayed there just as we witnessed it with MaxPac on RDS the other night.

broken+record.jpg

Let the record show I wish no ill will to Ottawa's first selection in the upcoming draft nor do I wish to see it happen to any hockey player.

I heard was a pretty decent player and I think the Sens made a great choice in picking him but if he dies, he dies. He'll have died a Senator doing what he loves and he'll enjoy all the virgins he gets in hockey heaven because he died a martyr for the greatest cause of all.....my viewing pleasure.

Hey Troll' date=' I mean Sloth, I cant wait until dies from a hit that could have been avoided had the NHL taken the necessary means and that it happens right in front of your eyes. We'll see where you stand. Lord knows the odds of that happening to McNabb are greatly reduced in the NFL because they have shown proper regulatory measures, although I am sure you wish someone like DeMarcus Ware could take care of said problem for you next year should Donovan somehow return to that shitshow.

[img']http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qf7wQUQ5KUc/TBKFluMzqpI/AAAAAAAAAj4/hs6XV4lua9g/s400/broken+record.jpg

I heard was a pretty decent player and I think the Sens made a great choice in picking him but if he dies, he dies. He'll have died a Senator doing what he loves and he'll enjoy all the virgins he gets in hockey heaven because he died a martyr for the greatest cause of all.....my viewing pleasure.

There are no virgins in hockey heaven... the players use them all up in Major Junior Hockey :)