Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

Guest Low Roller

Checking doesn't necessarily mean driving someone into the boards. It includes fore-checking, back-checking, poke-checking, etc... all aspects of play that keep you on your opponent to make them lose the puck.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why werent you just honest and simply say "They arent skating as hard" ?

Instead you gave us the Tony Marinaro approach. "I know sooooo much about hockey and the Montreal Canadiens"

Whatever Tony.

At the end of the day its one question. Are they tired or are they saving themselves? Keep in mind yesterday was a bagskate day which implies punitive measures were taken.

Guest Low Roller

Would the coach bagskate them if they were tired and clinging to a playoff spot? Doubtful. It was punitive because the guys have all shut themselves down, resigned to a playoff spot without home ice advantage.

Guest Low Roller

Why werent you just honest and simply say "They arent skating as hard" ?

I'll draw a picture for you next time so it's easier for you to understand.

Would the coach bagskate them if they were tired and clinging to a playoff spot? Doubtful. It was punitive because the guys have all shut themselves down, resigned to a playoff spot without home ice advantage.

I'm positive pro-athletes can recover from a bagskate session on a Sunday when their next game is at home on a Tuesday with no travelling.

Their legs and lungs could be gone for the season thanks to all the injuries they suffered throughout the year. Personally, I dont have a guess on this one either way. We'll know soon enough.

Worst case scenario is being physically done plus the suggestion that the Chara hit on MaxPac has taken a massive psychological toll on the team. I really dont like the idea of believing in that one.

Guest Low Roller

The game ended as soon as the Hurricanes scored their third goal right after the Habs scored on the PP. You just saw the players lose hope. Earlier in the season you could always count on the Habs to keep the game interesting right until the end with countless comebacks in the third period and a never-die spirit. This is not the same team. Even Price is letting in goals like it was 2009-2010. The pile of shit was commentary on the team as a whole right now, not on this particular game.

Perhaps a bit harsh, but I was loaded after drinking an entire bottle of Malbec.

So when the Habs made it 4-2 you still thought they were out of it even though there was still a push?

Put down the Malbec and do some zerk.

"countless comebacks in the third period "

Ummm.....I dont think you have you seen their record when trailing after 2 periods.

"This is not the same team."

Yes it is. This is a slump. They have gone through a few already this season.