Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the cap era almost nobody spends their entire career with one team.

The cap era has been 6 years. 6 years and you are making crazy prognostications. Vinny, Ovechkin, Dipietro? Luongo (for arguments sake), Mike Richards, Duncan Keith, Jeff Carter, Backstrom......if it werent for the Cap Era those players would never ever ever been offered the longterm deals they got. There's a good chance you see players remain with one team their entire careers moreson than before because GM's are tied to these types of deals.

Seriously. WTF are you talking about? What is the point of this exercise in futility? A Hab above all else? What? Eve of the playoffs and you bring this shit to the table?

You're facking wack pal and the rest of us are lost.

Carey was exceptional when he had to be but Boston didnt look so hot at the same time and by that I felt they played right into Les Brah's hands. God bless Price in that 2nd period though, that was money. He totally deserved the first star for that period alone but credit to Jack Martin once again.

Gomez and Pleks. That's what they are going to need from their top centers. Perfect.

I already posted this on my facebook in reply to Booche, but I'll post it here as well.

Boston played rather sloppy and paid for it, Habs capitalized on those mistakes. Regardless, I thought it was a good game.

. God bless Price in that 2nd period though, that was money. He totally deserved the first star for that period alone but credit to Jack Martin once again.

Agreed, I had Price pegged for first star based on the second period alone. He played a great game.

One last thing and then I'll shut up for a while: GFY Sloth.

Awesome, it's talk like that that gets the Hockey Gods riled up. I, on the other hand, want to congratulate the entire Habs organization on a well played first game, kudos, all the best. May they remain healthly and injury free along the blue line all playoffs long.

NICE TRY, BUT THOU HAST ALREADY MADE APPARENT THY HEART'S DESIRE:

Goats have been purchased, virgins have been identified and the avatar has been changed back temporarily.......all this and more will be done to appease the hockey gods. Boston in 4.

THE HOCKEY GODS SHALL SMITE THEE, STAND AND RECEIVE THY PENANCE.

Edited by Guest

NICE TRY, BUT THOU HAST ALREADY MADE APPARENT THY HEART'S DESIRE:
Goats have been purchased, virgins have been identified and the avatar has been changed back temporarily.......all this and more will be done to appease the hockey gods. Boston in 4.

THE HOCKEY GODS SHALL SMITE THEE, STAND AND RECEIVE THY PENANCE.

No, that was all my own fault and proof that the Hockey Gods exist. I knew I had to change the avatar back before the playoffs started or I'd be jinxing the Bruins, I even emailed Booche and said exactly that a few weeks ago, but I fucking spaced it and changed it 19 minutes into the playoffs. They were displeased, I can tell, but I'm making ammends.

Carey was exceptional when he had to be but Boston didnt look so hot at the same time and by that I felt they played right into Les Brah's hands. God bless Price in that 2nd period though, that was money.

Exactly. It was a fantastic example of a team going into a game with a very precise game plan that all players buy-in to, and then execute it. Boston was struggling and lost any focus.

Gomez and Pleks. That's what they are going to need from their top centers. Perfect.

The forced turnover that Gomez caused and the ensuing assist on the go-ahead goal was amazing. That is the kind of drive and effort I love seeing from a player.

Boston does not want to leave town without tying this series up. I think the next game is going to be a killer ;)

Yeah that Gomez play was awesome. It totally telegraphed the resulting goal.

? Not sure if this is supposed to be purple?

What does it take to become part of the PEI Plan? Some rubber boots and a tractor or just a fishing net?

YUK YUK YUK

Its actually the Pay Equal Installments Plan, thank you very much. A handshake for credit will do around here.