Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

According to La Presse the Habs didn't even try offering a contract to Karri Ramo who re-upped with his KHL team for another two years.

However the Habs have started talking to Alexei Yemelin's agent Don Meehan, according to Rue Frontenac about bringing the 2004 draft pick overseas. He turned down a contract in 2007 and 2009, preferring to sign in the KHL, but he's now a free agent again and wants to play in the NHL... but not the AHL. He wants a clause in his contract that if he doesn't make the Habs out of training camp he's free to return to Russia for the season. The Habs have been unwilling to grant him that clause.

Guest Low Roller

HABS: 39yr old Jaromir Jagr had 51pts in 49games in KHL. My sources say Jagr wants 2play 1 year w/ Habs. Wants $2M. Habs Gm said: No Thanks.

Guest Low Roller

Habs' Twitter accounts:

- @CanadiensMTL (Montreal Canadiens)

- @Giostyle21 (Brian Gionta)

- @matdarche52 (Mathieu Darche)

- @MaxPacioretty67 (Max Pacioretty)

- @yanweber68 (Yannick Weber)

- @MCammalleri13 (Mike Cammalleri)

- @Desharnais58 (David Desharnais) (not sure if official)

- @BrentSopel (Brent Sopel)

- @KnucklesNilan30 (Chris Nilan)

Guest Low Roller

Awww shit, Gauthier is handing out contracts at the World Championships!

First in line, pushing several old ladies out of the way, was Raphael Diaz from the Swiss national team.

What's with our penchant for small Swiss defenceman?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Low Roller

Habs sign Joonas Nattinen (3rd round pick 2009) to entry level deal. They had until June 1st to sign him, otherwise they lose his rights.

The other guy they need to sign before June 1st is monster goalie Petteri Simila. Seeing as how he signed a one year deal in Finland a couple of weeks ago, odds are that the Habs will pass on him. And so comes an end to the monster goalie experiment with both Jason Missiaen (6'8") and Petteri Simila (6'6") failing to get contracts with the Habs.

Another fun note: The Habs have until June 30th to sign Alex Perezhogin otherwise they lose his rights.

The guy is 6 foot 2 and weighs 25 pounds less than Barrett. In 58 games in some Finnish league he has a grand total of 5 pts (all assists). Now, I havent seen the kid play but I think it's fairly safe to file this under 'Who Gives A Flying Fuck'.

Guest Low Roller

Yeah, honestly I didn't think that the kid stood a chance to get signed but I guess that the team has to stick by their draft picks. They must like the size and hope that they can teach him some stuff.