Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

Guest Low Roller

He was incredibly solid with the Habs when Markov went down. He deserves one more big pay day, and it won't come from the Habs unfortunately. It's Hammer time.

And the estimated going rate for Wizniewski right now is around $6M per year if he hits the UFA market according to Arpon Basu. That's not going to come from the Habs either. I would be surprised if the Habs don't trade his rights today or tomorrow.

(if Ehrhoff is worth a 4th round pick, then maybe the Habs can get a 5th rounder for Wiz? Better than nothing.)

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Goodbye Wiz. You were the least suckiest player to wear #20 since Richard Zednik.

If CBJ sign Wiz, Habs get 5th round pick, else they get a 7th round pick.

Guest Low Roller

Scary note about Habs goaltending depth going into free agency:

The Habs only have Carey Price and 4th string goalie Robert Mayer under contract for next year. Alex Auld, Curtis Sanford, and Drew McIntyre are all UFA.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Low Roller

So the team is set for the season opener with $5M in cap space for spare parts. What do you think:

Cammalleri/Plekanec/Cole

Pacioretty/Gomez/Gionta

Moen/Eller/Kostitsyn

White/Desharnais/Darche

Markov/Subban

Gill/Gorges

Spacek/Yemelin/Weber

Price/Budaj

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Low Roller

Titsgate!

Andrei Kostitsyn made some rather stupid statements to the Belorussian press about his relationship with Jacques Martin. Here are some poorly translated snippets:

"The coach was with "flashes", that's why my season was all "flashes" - Andrei Kostitsyn, answering why his season was rather uneven

"It wasn't me who started to play badly, it's just that I was being put into 3rd and 4th line."

"I can't guess about next season. My relationship with the coach is not too good"

I've tried talking to (Jacques Martin), more than once. But he doesn't care."

If it'd be better to switch teams. "I am not thinking about it for now... My agent's advice is to play hockey"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Low Roller

Louis Leblanc traded

to Shawinigan in the Q, which is meaningless because he will probably start the season in Hamilton if he's recovered from shoulder surgery. Made you look though, didn't I?

• 2 weeks later...