Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

The Gorges interview after the game was hilarious. Typical teasing of Carey:

"He had the lane so I yelled at him to shoot the puck. But he kinda just muffled on it. I thought he had more strength than that, but I guess I was wrong."

Got a $50 scalper ticket last night after puck drop (only missed 4 minutes of play) and thoroughly enjoyed that game. Habs played really well in their own end for the first half of the game, Van didn't generate any good chances even when they controlled the cycle. After that, it was all Price bailing his team out.

Guest Low Roller

Last year RDS wouldn't always show the three star selection, they would just go to break, and come back with a fancy graphic (crushed beer caps in the shape of a star) showing the three stars. Never understood why, but I'm guessing it's something to do with sponsorships.

Guest Low Roller

Get ready to launch a blitzkrieg Booche.

Furthering the Eller conversation, Matt D'Agostini made an interesting point in an interview the other day that the young kids lost all their confidence under Jacques Martin last year: Pacioretty, Chipchura, Latendresse, Maxwell, Little Tits and Dags. All were subsequently traded or sent to Hamilton. Can the same be happening to Eller?

I watched the game on TSN2. Can anyone tell me why they didn't show the 3 Star selection?

The two TSN idiots talked the whole way through it, even though you could hear the crowd cheering and see the players taking their bows on the ice.

I loved the crowd chanting "Carey" as he left the ice....

I said the same thing, always nice to see them do the little salute to the crowd... TSN2 is not great at all, gonna go back to RDSHD

Got a $50 scalper ticket last night after puck drop (only missed 4 minutes of play) and thoroughly enjoyed that game. Habs played really well in their own end for the first half of the game, Van didn't generate any good chances even when they controlled the cycle. After that, it was all Price bailing his team out.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present before you the death of Go Sens Go.

And who the fuck gives a flying fuck about the three stars? Especially now that the fans select them?

Guest Low Roller

O'Byrne traded to Colorado for prospect Michaël Bournival.

The curse of #20 strikes again!!

(since Richard Zednik left the team in late 2006, five different players have worn #20, and none has lasted more than a season with the team. O'Byrne switched to #20 during last season's centennial celebrations, and pretty much it was all downhill from there for him.)