Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

hamilton

Lets remember one thing:

A season is 82 games long. Enough of this "they have been wicked since January" and "If Reimer were here at the start" bullshit. This isnt video game hockey. Its all about consistency.

If you arent careful you are going to end up sounding like RubberDinghy. Are you sure that is something you want?

I didnt think so.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets remember one thing:

A season is 82 games long. Enough of this "they have been wicked since January" and "If Reimer were here at the start" bullshit. This isnt video game hockey. Its all about consistency.

If you arent careful you are going to end up sounding like RubberDinghy. Are you sure that is something you want?

I didnt think so.

Are you referring to my Lupol post?

Not sure, but the dude had back surgery and was off for a long time. He is just coming back and finding his groove and he looks good playing with Kessel.

As for the season being 82 games, yeah, u r right it is.

But the team was totally changed and when the changes were made they had a lot of success.

Too little, too late, but it was a nice run and it is a sign of good things to come.

Oh, and good luck with the Bruins in the 1st round. ;)

Edited by Guest

Are you referring to my Lupol post?

I wasnt trying to single you out as much as I was making fun of Dinghy. ;)

I have absolutely no problems with Lupul. It will be interesting to see how his season goes next year but he would definitely be a sleeper pick in fantasy pools if he werent in TO.

Lets remember one thing:

I didnt think so.

You're an idiot if you don't think everyone realizes that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So,the Leafs get Liles, and for little apparent reason, my roommate has turned overnight into Komisarek's biggest fan.

No, I dunno what one has to do with the other either. When i told him "Pepole in MTL still laugh at Toronto still laugh at us for signing him" he responded with "Well, he started the all-star game for them."

They ALL started the allstar game that year, dumbass. 100th anniversary, and fans mega-voted them all in. He's still one of the worst defensemen I've seen since the days of Benning, Boimstruck, and McGill.

Dunno what the point of that was. Glad we got Liles, don't understand my roommate, we still need centres.

:chug:

Guest Low Roller

Burke taking some serious heat today for not being in his office yesterday working the phones for free agents, but in Kandahar with the troops for Canada Day.

The Leafs were the only team in the East yesterday that did not pick up a player. Burke proves yet again that he marches to the beat of his own drum.

“There are a lot of goalies who have come in and had a brief, spectacular burst in the NHL that don't sustain it,†said Burke. “Jim Carey is one. Steve Penney is one. What I said to James Reimer is ‘Google both of those guys and make sure you're not one of them.’ I think he's got the temperament to build on what he did. He's got the physical stamina and strength. I'm not worried about him.â€

- Brian Burke

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/1020463--kadri-on-the-wing-reimer-in-the-net-maple-leafs-all-set-burke-says

lol, hope Jim Carey doesn't read the Star or watch Sports Center, or drink heavily.