Jambands.ca

Wednesday nights in Ottawa

gentlemonkey

Guest Low Roller

Yuk Yuk's is a great place. I've seen hecklers get demolished by the comedians.

Word to the wise: Don't mess with Mike McDonald during his shtick, because he'll turn his schtik into mocking you for the next two hours.

Here's whose up this wed. Jon Dore spends most of the time buggin the audience actually...

http://www.ottawacomedy.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000735.html

~Ottawa Yuks Open-Mic New Talent Run-Sheet for Wed.Feb.12th/2003~

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

MC HOST – CHRIS HAWES

(OCR INTRO: What a show tomorrow night! The Door-Dudes bring their jazzy comedy to the stage again, a significant brigade of comedy clout is commuting from la belle province and …..the return of MC host, Chris Hawes. Hehehehe. Right on Chris. Welcome back to the world dude. Not only a comic, but former managing stud at the Sudbury Yuks taking a break from being a dad. One of my favorite offstage exchanges with kwetchy Chris. )

CUT TO YEARS PASTS: SFX: Haunting wind.

CHRIS: Rick, my life sucks. I’ve got stress, I’m working too hard, I’ve got a nice car.

RICK: What? A nice car? What’s so friggin bad about a nice car?

CHRIS: Cuz when I was a kid, I’d see guys driving in nice cars….and I HATED those guys. Now I AM one.

=========================================

THE MONTREAL BRIGADE

Tim Rabnett

Not only funny dude playing pro gigs across the region(a hi-calibre Montreal visitation tomorrow), but as well, should have his own trenchcoat cop/detective series where they replace the word ‘Dragnet’ with ‘Rabnett’ followed by jazzy guitar riff. “Articulate, educated, funny, member of the debating team. He tells his parents he's in medical school. We think he has a trust fund.” – from Comedynest website.

David Pride

Not only funny, but they even named a parade after him.

Dan Gutterman

ONION-writing hilarious gangbang goofball. Oh, but wouldn’t it be great if he could make it?

=====================================

THE OTTAWA DOOR DUDES

Stephen Mansel

James Gordon

Okay, I swear I’ll stop billing them this way after this time. For all I know they hate each others guts, but reports from spies persist that these two continue not to suck. Perhaps they mean literally submit to performing fellatio. Spies can be so vague. “Our specific information is too general Mr. Rumsfeldt”

Jim Robinson

A kingpin of the Ottawa toasty-speakers circuit and it’s floating Rat-pack style mafia. Pleased to meese ya!

Dominic Pare

Welcome back.

Brian Zieler

Brian, dude. How goes compadre? Hope the meds helped. Welcome back to town.

Todd Reid

Sounds familiar…or maybe I’m thinking of Drake Reid….or Wendy?

Andre Gelinas

Good luck first timer. Any relation to Eddie May actor Richard Gelinas? Will ya lose sleep till ya find out?

Steve Patterson

Cursed with having every comic who introduces him to anyone qualify themselves by saying, “…no, not that one. This is the OTHER Steve Patterson.” They’re both funny, but this Steve’s the new meat.

Jeremy Micheals

? Huh ? Information/bios on this performer might have slipped past me. Howie must have been reminiscing about a particularly trenchant ‘Simpsons’ at that moment or something. Either way, good luck Mr. Michaels.

Jon Dore

Ottawa’s good-natured comedy gentlemen. Most times ya love him, other times ya wanna slap the taste out of his mouth.

Jeff Tanguay (.rm x2)

The only comic this night for whom we have actual stand-up video. The art of comedy in flux, friends, braiding in new talents into a …a frig, anyways. But Tanguay aka Rick Presley continues

Seamus Heffernen

One of the recent JFL Ottawa showcasers, Seamus is visceral, acerbic, well-dressed and just generally intimidating to a colossal ‘shabbo’ like yours truly. Where’s he get off with that store-bought hair….

~HOWIE REPORT~

“Valentines is a great show…” Well, okay let’s see. Ya got yer Brinder, ya got yer Evan Carter. Hey why not. Kate Davis? Hmmm… Zesty valentines show indeed.

~ UPDATE: Mike Mcdonald Ottawa Weekend - March 27th-29th –

The Ottawa Comedy Resource - This day in Ottawa history. James Patrick Whelan hanged for killing D’arcy Mcgee. 5000 folks stood in the snow to catch hanging according to CJOH. Pierre Brault, Ottawa actor and former comic, played Whelan in his ‘Blood on the Moon’ show and also hangs around that area. Little circles ya see?

“Whelan’s body was buried in the prison courtyard in an umarked grave, Nicholas St. Jail. 1869, the last public execution in Canada.”

Happy Valentines Day -

Archived