Jambands.ca

Computer Graphics Problem

AD

hello, thought i'd give this a try...

i'm running vista sp2 on my HP laptop. for the 3 years i've owned this machine i've run a s-video cable from the machine to my tv to watch streaming stuff and downloaded movies / tv etc. to switch from the laptop screen to the tv screen i used my built-in "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator for Mobile" - it used to sit in my 'notification area' and i could just right-click and send the screen to the tv, done.

last week i accidentally right-clicked and selected 'remove from notification bar' or something similar (that's what happened anyways). for the life of me i can't get it to come back. i've tried all the obvious things like showing unused items in taskbar etc.

i updated the driver to see if that would put it back in the right spot but it just added a new driver that didn't change anything, or made things worse. sometimes i can't Function-F4 to send the screen to the tv now. and sometimes once a show or movie is done everything just hangs. (I don't have a restore point set, so that's not an option)

I want to be able to switch my display from my Laptop to my TV - anyone know of a possible solution to this problem? or know of any free software that can do the same task but reliably without losing quality?

right click in the middle of your desktop, choose properties. go to the settings tab.

THere, you may find a button for opening the intel graphics properties (or similar wording). if not, click advanced.

in the new window, go through the tabs and look for an option to place the icon in the system tray

i'm flyin blind here, but something along those lines should point you in the right direction