Jambands.ca

KFC Double Down coming to Canada

Basher

I know some of you will be very excited to hear this news.

KFC Double Down coming to Canada

KFC is rolling out the Double Down – its infamous breadless chicken sandwich – in all its gluttonous glory to Canada later this month.

"Canadians have been begging KFC Canada to bring the Double Down north of the border ever since it launched in the U.S. last year," Dan Howe, the fast-food giant's chief marketing officer, said in a release.

The sandwich uses two boneless chicken fillets in place of the bun — then squeezes two pieces of bacon, two slices of processed Pepper Jack cheese and some sauce in between.

While low in carbs, this diet-destroying dish has 540 calories, 30 grams of fat and a whopping 1,740 milligrams of sodium.

"Double Down has so much 100 per cent, premium seasoned chicken, we didn't have room for a bun," Howe said.

More than 10 million Double Downs were sold in the U.S. in less than a month after it launched there in April.

The sandwich be sold for a limited time in Canada, between Oct. 18 and Nov. 14.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want fried chicken, there's a place that's opened up recently on somerset called "Jean Albert's soul food". I briefly read the menu and what stood out was the quality of the chicken. We're talking hormone-free free-range fried chicken with a family secret recipe.

must try this place for guilt-free fried chicken.

Story here

if you want fried chicken, there's a place that's opened up recently on somerset called "Jean Albert's soul food". I briefly read the menu and what stood out was the quality of the chicken. We're talking hormone-free free-range fried chicken with a family secret recipe.

must try this place for guilt-free fried chicken.

Story here

damn that looks good!

The chicken, like everything at Jean Albert's, is dissapointing. But they may have improved since I ate there. Give it a shot.

I tried them at Bluefest last year and it was amazing. They used to get rave reviews on Ottawa Foodies when they were located in Halville but the reviews since they've relocated haven't been so good. Mostly to do with value-for-money though.

I consider myself a connoisseur of shit food and I gotta say, I ate one of these on Phish tour for breakfast and it was fucking disgusting to hold and to eat. I think my heart stopped for 3 seconds half way through too.

I'm surprised by the lack of love for Jean Albert's. I love the food there.