KFC Double Down coming to Canada

Basher

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact:

Foolish Chicken = overrated by bouche

Really? I am on Team Mike on this one......

The place is simply outstanding from the ribs and chicken right down to the slaw and cornbread.

like i give a fuck what booche thinks. he's the guy who would order the fish and chips at a bbq chicken and rib place and cry fowl.

he's the guy who would order the fish and chips at a bbq chicken and rib place and cry fowl.

Let the record show it was from a terrible Chinese food place, which is why I strayed from the 'traditional' menu and ended up with the Captain Highliner special.....which was likely better than the Chinese food you and the Wackamole ate.

• 2 weeks later...

So am I the first skank to have tried this monstrosity?

It actually wouldn't be so bad as a chicken sandwich if it wasn't so damn salty. I knew it was loaded with sodium but it was literally like biting into a block of salt. I would not have been able to finish it without the half litre of Pepsi that came with my combo.

Booze-fuelled street parties are more profitable than family-friendly festivals - at least in Charlottetown, P.E.I.

Tourism Charlottetown booked Cirque Du Soleil for its Canada Day celebrations this year after people complained the event - which is traditionally a huge financial success - was too drunk and rowdy for children and families.

But the event that usually covers half the annual costs for Tourism Charlottetown put the organization into debt this year. It's asking the province for a $1-million loan to cover the debt, CBC reports.

Tourism Charlottetown is also trying to get out of its three-year, $6-million contract with Cirque du Soleil.

"We've realized that the risk and the exposure with that type of event is something that we just can't continue," Tourism Charlottetown president Doug Newson told CBC. "At this point in time we are in negotiations with Cirque to probably get out of the next two years of the contract."

Despite my ealier disgust I did find myself standing in line yesterday waiting for a Double Down. As I stood there debating the logic of eating this nightmare, the local news kicked in on the radio overhead. It started off by saying;

"If you are planning on trying KFC new Double Down sandwhich....DON'T!!!"

Every guy in there was getting the damn thing and we all broke out laughing even as the horrific details of the sodium content were listed off.

So we're leaving for vacation in the morning. It's hungry time and we just did a fridge survey to see what we should eat before leaving for a week.

We found bacon.

We found cheese.

In the freezer we have phatty chicken fingers.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are having home-made double downs for dinner tonight!