Jambands.ca

KFC Double Down coming to Canada

Basher

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what the big deal is here, I know there is a fair amount of you on here that won't hesitate to eat two regular chicken sammy's or burgers from any of the other joints, its like having two sammy's without the useless bread handles.

Guess what I'm having for lunch today??

Well I just finished by first double down.

Verdict? I like it! I thought it was quite tasty. Filling too. It's been a long time since I've had any KFC.

The saltiness didn't bother me.

I had a delicious homemade garden salad with it, so that kind of balances out the unhealthiness.

I'll get one of these again, maybe in a couple of months. It's not something I'd want to eat very often.

Have any of the ladies on the board stepped up and had a double down yet? Because my wife had one she thought it was good too!

it's no wonder KFC found success here.

It's been a long time since I've had any KFC.

How many other people who've avoided KFC for so many years stepped back in the doors or rolled through the drive-thu because of the double-down?

pretty amazing tactic. now I want one.

• 2 weeks later...

Canada Doubled Down – 1 Million+ Sandwiches Sold

Double Down No Longer Available at KFC Canada

It came. It caused unprecedented excitement. And now, Double Down is gone.

As of today, Novembe ada is officially a Double Down free zone, but the company reports its legend lives on as fans continue to celebrate Double Down online through videos, blogs, Facebook posts, tweets and more.

The facts are staggering. While KFC Canada’s bun-less sandwich was available in Canada from October 18 to November 14, 2010, the company reports that it sold more than 1 million Double Downs.

Canada Chowed Down on Equivalent of 140 CN Towers & 2,083 Hockey Rinks

“Canada’s response to Double Down was as epic as Double Down itself, ief Marketing Officer, Yum! Restaurants Canada.

“KFC Canada is stunned by Double Down’s success. To be the source of so much excitement, humour and debate has been a phenomenal experience for KFCs from coast to coast,†says Howe. “In a mere month, Canadians collectively ‘Took Down’ more than one million Double Downs. That’s enough Double Downs to stretch across approximately 2,083 hockey rinks or 140 CN Towers from end to end!†he adds.

Renowned as the world’s first-ever bunless sandwich, the KFC Canada Double Down boasts two pieces of deliciously seasoned Original Recipe boneless chicken, two pieces of baco ck cheese — all topped off with the Colonel’s savoury, secret sauce.

The legendary, big eat caused worldwide buzz when it debuted in the USA — and it’s the most successful menu item in KFC Canada history.

Double Down BreakDown

Double Down is definitely a big, indulgent, occasional eat, but contrary to myth and speculation, Double Down has less, fat and calories than many restaurant sandwiches, burgers and subs.

Her Double Down Breakdown:

Calories

Total Fat (g)

Sodium (mg)

About KFC Canada

KFC represents more than 700 quick-service restaurants across C zes in Colonel Harland Sanders’ Original Recipe Chicken — the world's most popular chicken — home-style sides, freshly made chicken sandwiches, including the Double Down.

To find out more about KFC, please visit our website at www.kfc.ca. Visit us on facebook at www.facebook.com/KFCCanada or www.facebook.com/PFKQuebec

- 30 –

For more inform wn stats, photos and to book interviews, please contact David Weinstein or Deb Quinn at Strategic Objectives www.strategicobjectives.com

TEL: 1-866-366-7733

E: dquinn@strategicobjectives.com; davidw@strategicobjectives.com