Jambands.ca

Netflix Picks

bouche

I have been really enjoying all the documentaries on Netflix. There's a ton of stuff I would never seek out to watch, but because they're so readily accessable, I throw them on and eat them up.*

[color:gray]*Way different than eating them and then throwing them up.

Good doc that we just watched on the weekend: Catfish. Really interesting story. Just do it.

There won't be any movies about me, but FYI, there is a movie coming out called Doctor Kong about Hank Chien, a plastic surgeon from New York and HIS quest to get the high score in Donkey Kong (which he did, verified on Jan. 11, 2011).

He regained the record? Fack! I want Steve Wiebe to have the record!! }:(

We recently watched "Moon"' date=' starring Sam Rockwell. Rather good, we thought. Interesting note: directed by Duncan Jones, otherwise known as Zowie Bowie, son of... yeah.[/quote']

It's not available on Netflix here. Are you getting netflix through a US account?

No. I think I have turned this into a "what good movies have you seen lately?" thread. Ooopsie.

Someone else recommended Martyrs to me so it's definitely on my "to watch" list, even though I'm not really looking forward to it after reading some of the reviews. ;)

Is there a "bookmark" like feature with the Netflix interface? Often I'm browsing titles and would like to tag those that interest me so that when I get time to watch a movie I'll have a handy list to choose from.

Isn't there a queue you use for that exact thing?

I think that's just for the mail order service.

not only that, the interfaces are different for each system. PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, Apple TV, iPhone/iPad, and internet. I'm sure that they'll add that feature. How can that NOT be the most asked for feature?

• 1 month later...

I know I'm missing alot of recent finds, must-see's, and save-for-later items but these are a bunch of titles I've come across lately. Share what you've found.

Community Season 1

Funny assed show. It really picks up when you get part way through the season

Firefly

If you haven't seen this series, you have no excuses now. I'm ready to re-watch it.

Arrested Development

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Completely and utterly worth re-watching and if you haven't....the Netflix free trial month is worth these 3 seasons and more alone.

Saturday Night Live seasons 20 thru 35

...plus all the Best Of's and other specials.

An old doc I finally got around to seeing on Netflix last night... American Movie. It's a total must watch, along the lines of Fubar but for real.

It's about an ambitious but flawed filmmaker and his family and friends as he tries to complete an amateur horror film.