Jambands.ca

Dr. Dog @ Phoenix Sat. Oct. 16th

deranger

Dr. dog are back this Saturday at the Phoenix. tickets are still available for $20.

Early show, doors at 5:30 PM and I have no idea what time Dr. Dog will take the stage but I'm guessing sometime between 8 and 9. There is an opener and I don't know what they're called.

Should be fuckin good.

It was way loud but the sound at the phoenix is generally like that, way too much low end. But what got me about the show was the "laptopist" and percussionist they have on tour who was putting in that atmospherics throughout the whole show. The background noise that was totally unnecessary and generally made things worse in my mind. They seemed to be toying with how they're playing certain songs, specifically certain guitar parts. Generally a bit looser and with the background noise is was the strangest Dr. Dog show I've seen (my 5th).

Edited by Guest

That was my 2nd time seeing them. I liked all those sampled intro's the guy was queuing up on the laptop. And yea the show was loud, but I didn't think it was so loud that it was making the show worse. Definitely a bit of a looser Dog, but an awesome performance none the less. Saw on Twitter that Scott had an interview with MTV today. Glad to see they're getting some mainstream press.