Jambands.ca

30 days of dead & downloads

Esau.

We're on a mission to make a miracle every day. As a token of our appreciation for making 2010 an epic year, we're giving away a high-quality 320Kbps download every day this November. That's 30 days of Dead! Intrigued? We're also going to put your knowledge to the test and give you the chance to win some great music from the Dead.

New Speedway Boogie today.

http://www.dead.net

Dark Star

Fillmore West, SF, CA- 6/5/69

Another classic mid-1969 version of Dark Star, similar in tone and energy to the versions played in February-March, 1969 at the same venue, one of which (2/27/69) was included on Live/Dead. This Dark Star would later go into the “typical†(oh, the days when THAT was typical…) sequence of St. Stephen>The Eleven>Lovelight.

grgrgrgrgrg.jpg

My guess is feb. 1981

--------------

[color:red][edit to add]

Althea

Hartford Civic Center, Hartford, CT- 3/14/81

This was recorded on the excellent Spring Tour of 1981, which featured to magnificent nights at Madison Square Garden, the famous University of Maryland show with the super-long Bird Song, and the end of March jaunt over to Europe for a batch of shows at London’s Rainbow and the 3/28/81 show in Essen, West Germany with The Who.

Edited by Guest

27 minutes? I gotta start playing these straight through, or at least more than 1 minute before I make my guess.

I'm definitely out.

Well, don't count yourself out just yet - it seems the song is only 10:41 after I downloaded it. But the player on the site showed 27 mins when I pushed the slider to the end.

hghghg.jpg

nhnhn.jpg

I'll stick with my early 73.

[color:red][edit to add]

Well apparently my d/l was bad, and didn't completely finish. The online player was right after all.

Edited by Guest

you had the right year!

Thursday, November 4th

Playing In The Band

Iowa State Fairgrounds, Des Moines, IA- 5/13/73

This long, spacey Playing In The Band is one of the finest versions from a year that was filled with great Playings. This show in Des Moines was the first of three consecutive weekends of giant shows by the Grateful Dead, with May 20 seeing the band play at UCSB in Santa Barbara, and of course the famous 5/26/73 to wrap up May’s performances at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco.

Easy Wind

Winterland, San Francisco, CA - 12/31/70

This meaty version of Easy Wind features great playing by everyone, particularly Bob and Jerry’s guitar solos, as well as Pigpen’s soulful harmonica playing, but overall this is one of the finest versions of this song ever performed. Mixed from this 16-track master recordings, this is some of the finest-sounding 1970 Dead you’ll hear.

hgjhg.jpg

Sugaree

Warfield, San Francisco, CA- 10/13/80

This version of Sugaree was recorded on the 14th and penultimate show at the Warfield during the three week run of shows that featured three sets of music night, one acoustic and two electric. After these shows at the Warfield, the band took their show on the road for two nights in New Orleans, followed by eight shows at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

I've seen a few different posts with a list of the downloads - a couple deleted off deadnet in the comments below the d/l & on the GOTV site.

Looks like he had problems getting the entire Playing In The Band as well, his download is only 15 mins long (both are the same). Seems a lot of people had that problem apparently. The actual download is 28:56 m/s. Thanks though, haven't checked the past ones other that that one so far.

ddddddddr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...