Jambands.ca

Rest in peace Patchoulia

Basher

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basher, my thoughts are with you. I hope you find strength in this very difficult time.

This news hit me like a ton of bricks. (can't find more poetic words than this).

I've only met Julia twice, the first time at the Allman Brothers at the Molson Amphitheatre, but I remember her well because she was so friendly. Of course, I feel like I know her more than just those two brief meetings...her personality shone through her posts.

RIP Julia.

Basher, you've been in my thoughts every moment since I heard this terrible news. No one should have to loose someone they love. It's a shocking reminder of how precious life is and how lucky we all are to have such a strong community of people around us to enjoy the good times with and to support us in difficult times.

Wishing you well.

Also extremely saddened and shocked by this news, and the timing of it in your lives. Not that there is ever a good time...I can't express enough empathy to you Basher, and everyone else who loved her.

Like Blurry my first real chance to get to know Julia was years ago at Gratefulfest. Her light really did shine and her generosity of spirit was infectious. It really is hard to make any sense of these painful occurences and losses in life.... Cherish the ones you love.

Terrible, sad news.

She was a light for many people around here- she cared about this community and worked actively at making it stronger. She cared about all of us, and all 'this'.

I remember in nero's early tours the USA, we would often meet people she had convinced to come out and see us. Defintely helped us feel a little less alone out there.

She was generous, hilarious and brilliant- and these were things someone would know had they only met her online.

A pillar of our community is gone. Thinking of you Basher- I'm so sorry. XO Jay

Been listening to tunes today and it's amazing how when something like this is in the front of your thoughts that so many songs seem to resonate.

Started out this morning on the drive to work. Was talking to Darlene about the situation and memories of Julia and how she was so generous to me and my family. Then on the radio they start blasting The Cult! Well, Julia insisted that I attend The Cult show last year at Massey hall with her when they performed "Love" in its entirety. The Cult was one of my first concerts back at Massey Hall in 1985 when they were touring that album. One of Julia's first shows was with The Cult opening up for Metallica. Damn we had a fun time that night reliving a little of the 80s ;)

Just finished listening to Jeff Beck's new live release. No words, but holy shit does his guitar speak with so much more emotion that any voice. Could barely see my computer screens after listening to these:

Jeff Beck - Over The Rainbow by jackstanleywp

Jeff Beck - Nessun Dorma by jackstanleywp

Jeff Beck - People Get Ready by jackstanleywp

Considering we are all lovers of music maybe there are some special songs that make you think of Julia, or simply a reminder of some of the qualities that made her so special. Please share. Could make for a really interesting mix.

Julia wasn't just a vibrant member of our little community. She was also deeply loved by and had a huge impact on another group of amazing people, the fine people of the Terrapin message board.

People are expressing some beautiful thoughts and memories about Julia over there that I thought folks here might like to read.

http://gatheringofthevibes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50028

holy shit...what a shock....

Brian - my deepest condolences. words are always difficult at a time like this.

I only met Julia twice - at the Ottawa Nero reunion shows, in her Wonder Woman costume. Whenever I read on eof her posts, that image comes to mind.

(thanks for posting that Trevor - I was about to head over there.)

I assume this was totally unexpected. do you know what happened?

beams your way basher>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine

And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung,

Would you hear my voice come thru the music,

Would you hold it near as it were your own?

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken,

Perhaps they're better left unsung.

I don't know, don't really care

Let there be songs to fill the air.

Ripple in still water,

When there is no pebble tossed,

Nor wind to blow.

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,

If your cup is full may it be again,

Let it be known there is a fountain,

That was not made by the hands of men.

There is a road, no simple highway,

Between the dawn and the dark of night,

And if you go no one may follow,

That path is for your steps alone.

Ripple in still water,

When there is no pebble tossed,

Nor wind to blow.

You who choose to lead must follow

But if you fall you fall alone,

If you should stand then whos to guide you?

If I knew the way I would take you home.

La dee da da da, la da da da da, da da da, da da, da da da da da

La da da da, la da da, da da, la da da da, la da, da da.

Brian keep it up brother all the best to you right now...i can't imagine your grief but i'm feeling much for you.

thanks for mentioning that Trevor. Julia made sure to introduce Carla and i to the people of this community when we moved here. She really wanted us to get to know some like minded folks.

I miss Julia, all the time she's made for me over the last eight years is going through my head and it all has a smile.

if not for this massive sadness.

rest in peace Julia