Jambands.ca

Why do movie celebs think that they can be in a band?

bouche

I've heard some of Seagal's "blues" tunes. He's almost as bad as the Tea Party. Didn't Seagal's band play in Gananoque a few years back? You can find some of his videos on youtube.

Jason Schwartzman used to play drums in the good power-pop band, Phantom Planet. PP's lead singer, Alex Greenwald, was in the film Donnie Darko; he was Donnie's high school arch enemy.

Anyone hear Scarlett Johansson's Tom Waits "tribute" album? She can't act or sing.

And yet so many musicians make the leap to acting with great success.

like?

Tom Waits, David Bowie, Will Smith & Meatloaf are few I can think of.

[color:red][edit to add]

Elvis, Kris Kristofferson, Henry Rollins, even Bob Dylan was in half a dozen or so, two three of which were main characters.

Edited by Guest

Zooey Deschanel's work in She & Him is pretty good.

Sammy Davis, Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson were good actors. Martin was excellent in Rio Bravo (with John Wayne and Ricky Nelson) and The Young Lions (with Brando). Bobby Darin, Fred Astaire and Bing Crosby could do it all too. I don't care for her films (or music) but Barbara Streisand is very talented.

Jason Schwartzman used to play drums in the good power-pop band' date=' Phantom Planet.[/quote']

wasn't Schwartzman a musician before he was an actor?

I think he was, but he was very young in Rushmore and he's a Coppola (his mom is Talia Shire). I just found out that his brother is the lead singer for Rooney.