Jambands.ca

Yet another Computer question

jay sanislo

My cd burner hasnt been working for the last little while. It used to play them but not burn. It would always say another burning program was in use, which there wasnt (checked everywhere).

Now my dvd or cd player wont do anything nor do they show up when I open My Computer?? Looked up a few different solutions on net but was wondering if someone here has had this prob before and what they did to fix it? Thx.

ps really want to start burning so I can free up some memory. 145 gig with a little under 1 left lol

Edited by Guest

Its weird, when I go to device manager it shows them and when I update driver it says im up to date. There is a yellow exclamation mark on both cd and dvd drivers.

I was actually just thinking of getting one of these external hard drive thingys the other day bacon! Good call.

also has something to do with code 41 or something like that.

Edited by Guest
add

Its weird, when I go to device manager it shows them and when I update driver it says im up to date. There is a yellow exclamation mark on both cd and dvd drivers.

I was actually just thinking of getting one of these external hard drive thingys the other day bacon! Good call.

also has something to do with code 41 or something like that.

Yellow exclamation marks mean your computer is not seeing the drive(s).

What OS are you running?