Jambands.ca

Natural medicine question

mister slippery

Hi there,

a friend of mine was given an herb/root-looking thing to aid in treatment of a sore back. It's called, we think, Zerk (cuz the guy who supplied it speaks 4-5 words of English max). The only info we've found suggested it should NOT be eaten, but made into tea.

Any info from you fine folks about a product that may or may not be called Zerk?

:content:

Let me get this straight - you have an unknown root-looking thing that you know none of the properties of, let alone the name of considering the provider of said root does not speak your language, and you are wondering how to best ingest it? I'd say throw it out unless 100% identified....or, spin the barrel, cock the hammer and hope for a click....

Closest thing I could find - serc

Serc tablets contain the active ingredient betahistine, which is a medicine that closely resembles the natural substance histamine. (NB. Betahistine is also available without a brand name, ie as the generic medicine.)

Betahistine is used to relieve the symptoms of Ménière's disease, which is a disorder of the inner ear. The fluid in the ear (found in a structure called the labyrinth) provides continual feedback to the brain about our body position. When something disturbs the balance of this fluid, for example an increase in its pressure, this can cause sensations such as nausea, dizziness or spinning sensations (vertigo), ringing in the ears (tinnitus) and hearing problems. This is what happens in Ménière's disease.

Betahistine works by acting on histamine receptors that are found in the walls of blood vessels in the inner ear. By activating these receptors, a process is started which ultimately reduces the pressure of the fluid that fills the labyrinth in the inner ear. This helps relieve the symptoms associated with Ménière's disease.

There also seems to be something called SERK (Somatic Embryogenesis Receptor-Like Kinase), which pops up on pregnancy websites. Anything you'd like to share ;) ?

nothing happened yet.

My bud's not gonna take it without knowing what it is (no, not actually stupid).

DEM - don't think he's knocked up, and not certain either of your discoveries is it.

Curiouser and curiouser.

And yes Booche, you are correct. I do realize that eating and drinking are both ways of ingesting something orally, but it's incredibly helpful of you to point it out.

:chug:

I must say folks last night was the most intense night of my life. I was released from the hospital this morning, the doctor said i was lucky to be alive. With furthur tests i might have suffered slight brain damage, the doctors are at this moment unsure.

Yesterday me and a few buddies decided to drop acid, and during our trip we decide to smoke bowls. We were having a great time up until my friend said "hey i heard on a phish board that if you put gasoline in the bong it will get you way faded." So being the stupid ass stonner that i am, i decided to indulge. We went to the local Chevron and put in $1 of premuium with techron into my 3 foot roor. I took the first hit. At first i felt really dizzy, i started vomiting, and then i passed out. That night i woke up in the hospital with the worst headache i have ever had. Needless to say i am luck to be alive.

I must warn everyone to never try anything like this again. I realize i have a slight drug problem and i am now enrolled in a treatment center. If i can give anyone advice it would be to never try anything that is out of the ordinary, no strage drug combos. BE SAFE OUT THERE PEOPLE!

We were having a great time up until my friend said "hey i heard on a phish board that if you put gasoline in the bong it will get you way faded." So being the stupid ass stonner that i am, i decided to indulge. We went to the local Chevron and put in $1 of premuium with techron into my 3 foot roor. I took the first hit. At first i felt really dizzy, i started vomiting, and then i passed out. That night i woke up in the hospital with the worst headache i have ever had. Needless to say i am luck to be alive.

sounds alot like my buddies after they heard about nitrous bonghits, using one of those whippet chargers to clear the charge in the bongtube, they said it was an awesome buzz followed quickly by the worst headache of their lives. im trying it tonight!