Jambands.ca

Record player info

phunkyb

I have a Dual CS 505-2 record player. I'd like to sell it. Anyone know anything about record players? Its in great condition. I just can't seem tofigure out how much it goes for these days. If its worth anything. If I am going to sell it is it worth putting on ebay or Craigslist? Any help would be appreciated.

The third link down on that is for ebay listings of the turntable.

or sorry, for other models similar I guess.

I would take it into a record store and ask them. I know legends in ottawa sells older tables and he could probably help you.

Edited by Guest

Not so - those technics are mostly direct drive - more so for djing.

Dual is a quite well respected brand and these tables exhibit some excellent german engineering, especially these belt-drive tables with neat-o tone arm systems.

That said, I just bought a similar Dual table for $40 which needed some minor work.

Do you know what kind of cartridge is installed?

If I were selling this I would definitely try kijiji/craigs and ebay as a last resort. It will sell...put it up for $60-80. The type/condition of the cartridge/stylus may influence the price though...

hope that helps A!

Technics are not the top of the turntable food chain. I would think Thorens to be a little more high end. What kind of cartridge is on the table phunkyb? The factory cartridge on that turntable is probably worth about $40.00 If the cartridge was ever upgraded it could be worth quite a bit more.