Jambands.ca

Norm Macdonald at the Grand Theater

Booche

Just got 2 tix. I was hoping to see a date show up in Ottawa, but I'm not waiting around. The Grand Theatre is small.

He's also playing Hamilton Place....FYI.

Regarding the Bob Saget roast...that was very fuckin' funny. I guess you missed the spin he put on the 'expected' comedy. Norm's nutz man.

I knew what he was doing but he failed. Watch it again and pay attention to the reactions of the other roasters, especially Bob Saget himself. They didnt find it funny either and seeing as comedy is their profession I can guarantee you they knew the angle Norm was coming from.

It was incredibly unfunny. Give me a wasted Courtney Love any day of the week.

Bouche, he sold out the Bronson Centre in late September, doubt he will be performing here soon. But you never know. He has family here and has done unannounced shows at Yuk Yuks open mic nights from time to time.

yeah, I wanted to go to that but I can't remember why we had to miss it. There was something already planned. What the hell made me miss that?

I knew what he was doing but he failed. Watch it again and pay attention to the reactions of the other roasters, especially Bob Saget himself. They didnt find it funny either and seeing as comedy is their profession I can guarantee you they knew the angle Norm was coming from.

It was incredibly unfunny. Give me a wasted Courtney Love any day of the week.

I heard interviews with a number of the roasters and other comedians and they all called it comedy genius. I can just laugh at his face. He's just got this cocky look that makes me laugh.

I say if it's 100% uncomfortable and 0% funny he can stay home and roast himself in the mirror. That said, I'll give it another viewing sometime and see if any of that comedic genius comes across.

Roasting hisself in front of the mirror. Funny. I bet he f'n does that too.

If you want a good norm moment....just watch...the 3 part Norm appearance on Conan O'Brien

• 10 years later...
  • 1 month later...