Jambands.ca

Lady Gaga Question...

Ms Zimmy

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a general rule though, if ever in doubt, go.

YES!

I sometimes regret not going, but I rarely regret going to see anything live. And well, my niece is worth it...so now the question is...Pants or No pants?

edit to add: thanks backbacon, that vid is awesome.

Edited by Guest

To me, Lady Gaga is really no different than David Bowie. David Bowie tried a number of times to break out, but it wasn't until he went glam with the Ziggy Stardust thing that people actually started to take notice.

Was it his crazy look or great songwriting that got him noticed? My thoughts are that the crazy look got him in the door, but it was his talent that kept him there.

I see the same with Lady Gaga. Here is a musician that was largely ignored until she started wearing crazy outfits and became a real spectacle. That has gotten her through the door.

Sure only time will tell if she has the same staying power as David Bowie, but she certainly seems to have the chops required.

Just my two cents.

To me, Lady Gaga is really no different than David Bowie. David Bowie tried a number of times to break out, but it wasn't until he went glam with the Ziggy Stardust thing that people actually started to take notice.

Was it his crazy look or great songwriting that got him noticed? My thoughts are that the crazy look got him in the door, but it was his talent that kept him there.

I see the same with Lady Gaga. Here is a musician that was largely ignored until she started wearing crazy outfits and became a real spectacle. That has gotten her through the door.

Sure only time will tell if she has the same staying power as David Bowie, but she certainly seems to have the chops required.

Just my two cents.

all these david bowie references need to come back down to earth.

9G4jnaznUoQ

Like seriously, can't this be discussed on some other board?

I have no idea what goes on in the Pop world but if I did want to find out about it, I'd listen to the the local AM radio station, whatever that is.

Next thing you know it zero will pop in and tell us Jay-Z is some kind of demi-God.

Does anybody know what's going on with My Morning Jacket or somebody else that's actually cool? Lady Gaga= not cool, except for the millions of people who think that mainstream = cool. I would NEVER go see Lady Gaga. I don't care how talented she is, N-E-V-E-R. just my worthless 2 cents.

It's just a few people who like Lady gaga AD, it's not like the sky is falling or anything ;).

Seriously, though, RIP jambands.ca

So to go off topic...

At my last Phish show, Albany last year, before the show they were playing Miley Cyrus "Party in the USA" and I saw multiple wooks singing along. It blew me away.

Now either this is an inside phish joke, or people do listen to it and enjoy it, and are members of this community.

Yes...I did own the first two Spice Girls albums.

I'd see Gaga in concert over shit "hip" bands such as The Killers and Kings of Leon. I hate Gaga's music with a passion, but it is catchy and she can sing in key while putting on a visually stunning show. Ke$ha she ain't.

As for MMJ, they are in the studio recording their follow-up to the disappointing Evil Urges. The recording sessions are reportedly going on in a church and are done live with few multi-tracks and overdubs. Can't wait!

I'd see Gaga in concert over shit "hip" bands such as The Killers and Kings of Leon. I hate Gaga's music with a passion, but it is catchy and she can sing in key while putting on a visually stunning show. Ke$ha she ain't.

As for MMJ, they are in the studio recording their follow-up to the disappointing Evil Urges. The recording sessions are reportedly going on in a church and are done live with few multi-tracks and overdubs. Can't wait!

Jaimoe circa 2003

Check out this young blues-garage-southern rock quartet's first EP: Holy Roller Novocaine - Kings Of Leon If you like the Stones, North Mississippi Allstars with a dash of the Allmans and Stooges ( no joke ), then Kings Of Leon are the band for you. They are for me.

Jaimoe circa 2008

They have enough songs that's for damn sure. They (MMJ) don't have a bad album out of 5 released so far. Jim James is one of the most prolific and exciting songwriters of his generation. I think if you don't know the earlier three MMJ albums (and a few of the EPs) - full of a wide variety of great songs that they've played throughout their first 5 or 6 years of their career - then it's unfair to brush off this new album and support tour as "that's all there is".

:bonghit: