Jambands.ca

Lady Gaga Question...

Ms Zimmy

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like seriously, can't this be discussed on some other board?

I have no idea what goes on in the Pop world but if I did want to find out about it, I'd listen to the the local AM radio station, whatever that is.

Next thing you know it zero will pop in and tell us Jay-Z is some kind of demi-God.

Does anybody know what's going on with My Morning Jacket or somebody else that's actually cool? Lady Gaga= not cool, except for the millions of people who think that mainstream = cool. I would NEVER go see Lady Gaga. I don't care how talented she is, N-E-V-E-R. just my worthless 2 cents.

You sound like me.

When I was 18.

I made up all kinds of unbreakable rules about what music could and couldn't do if I were going to listen to it. Drum machines? Fuck that. Country music? No fucking way. Elements of anything resembling hip-hop? Who the fuck do you think I am? Anything that could possibly even scrape the deepest depths of the charts or get played on pop radio? Fuuuuuuuuck.

I missed out on all kinds of good stuff at the time. Thankfully, I grew up.

I'd see Gaga in concert over shit "hip" bands such as The Killers and Kings of Leon. I hate Gaga's music with a passion' date=' but it is catchy and she can sing in key while putting on a visually stunning show. Ke$ha she ain't.

As for MMJ, they are in the studio recording their follow-up to the disappointing Evil Urges. The recording sessions are reportedly going on in a church and are done live with few multi-tracks and overdubs. Can't wait![/quote']

Jaimoe circa 2003

Check out this young blues-garage-southern rock quartet's first EP: Holy Roller Novocaine - Kings Of Leon If you like the Stones, North Mississippi Allstars with a dash of the Allmans and Stooges ( no joke ), then Kings Of Leon are the band for you. They are for me.

Jaimoe circa 2008

They have enough songs that's for damn sure. They (MMJ) don't have a bad album out of 5 released so far. Jim James is one of the most prolific and exciting songwriters of his generation. I think if you don't know the earlier three MMJ albums (and a few of the EPs) - full of a wide variety of great songs that they've played throughout their first 5 or 6 years of their career - then it's unfair to brush off this new album and support tour as "that's all there is".

:bonghit:

Evil Urges is a disappointment, but it has some really good songs. It isn't bad, but not as good as their other 4 LPs.

Yes, KOL were a good band back in 2003/4. They got bad pretty fast after that.

I've grown to hate other bands too that I once liked and vice versa.

Like seriously, can't this be discussed on some other board?

I have no idea what goes on in the Pop world but if I did want to find out about it, I'd listen to the the local AM radio station, whatever that is.

Next thing you know it zero will pop in and tell us Jay-Z is some kind of demi-God.

Does anybody know what's going on with My Morning Jacket or somebody else that's actually cool? Lady Gaga= not cool, except for the millions of people who think that mainstream = cool. I would NEVER go see Lady Gaga. I don't care how talented she is, N-E-V-E-R. just my worthless 2 cents.

Like seriously? OMG!! That's like saying "If I wanted to learn about nuclear power I wouldn't come to a jambands message board." The title of the thread is quite clear. By the way, MMJ is basically Lady Gaga slowed down 10x with cavernous reverb added. I can imagine the first day your son comes home from school whistling the latest pop song and you sitting him down to have "the talk" about what is cool and not cool to listen to. Set that kid straight!

Whatever floats yer boats. I'm anything but close minded when it comes to music. My tastes have matured like a fine wine or scotch. Once you've taken a sip of a fine scotch, you'll never like that Johnny Walker Red again.

I could have made a wishy washy statement on my last comment but thast would have been boring. I was telling the truth though, I will never go see Lady Gaga. If she was the ocean, my boat would be on a lake.