Jambands.ca

Lady Gaga Question...

Ms Zimmy

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to local media, there's anti-Gaga backlash going on this morning by a number of outraged parents (and some kids) that were mad about the 1:45 delay and the profanity-laced show. I could care less about the latter since Gaga isn't a kiddie act, but the long delay is pathetic. If she were booked in the Amphitheatre, the show would have been cancelled.

I hope Gaga isn't going to become the next Axl Rose with the late starts.

Sounds like fun but is she sure she's never lip synched? I'm pretty sure she did at the Grammys.

If she's not lip-synching on some songs, she's singing along to bed-tracks. Her live vocals would get buried in the mix. It's almost mandatory for theatrical shows with singing. I gotta say though, Gaga sings live while dancing really well (she doesn't use bed-tracks too much either, from the performances I've seen on TV and at a recent MMVA).

Yeah, bed-tracks. I'm pretty sure that's what she used at the Grammys. She had a live mic to add texture but most of the vocals were pre-recorded. You can clearly notice it at one point where she lifts the mic over her head and her "voice" is still singing.

According to local media, there's anti-Gaga backlash going on this morning by a number of outraged parents (and some kids) that were mad about the 1:45 delay and the profanity-laced show.

sure, there may be a dozen people still upset about the delay, but everyone around me last night quickly got over it. i can only guess that timing got screwed up because of the one missing act and schedules got off track or there were tech issues. so, mississauga mom had to double park the minivan on bay to wait for her little princesses until midnite. whatevs.

and really, anyone upset about the profanity absolutely needed to be exposed to it so they will be less inclined to be upset about profanity next time. did they think this was a celine dion concert? some of the male dancers even rubbed each others' packages. how shocking, eh ... yawn.