Jambands.ca

CHARLIE HUNTER :: April 20 This Ain't Hollywood :: April 22 Elmdale Ho

briguy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think LCBO stores are closed on Friday, April 22 due to it being Good Friday, so keep that in mind if you're wanting to stock up on party supplies for before or after the Ottawa show.

Aloha,

Brad

also remember that you live on the border of Quebec! beer sales never stop.

I know it's a long shot, but what do you figure the chances are of getting tickets at the door? I'll be in Ottawa for the long weekend touristing it up, just heard about this show....

Cheers,

Darryn

There are some tix left right now. If you're GOING to be here, buy now, enjoy later.

I know it's a long shot' date=' but what do you figure the chances are of getting tickets at the door? I'll be in Ottawa for the long weekend touristing it up, just heard about this show....

Cheers,

Darryn [/quote']

There are some tix left right now. If you're GOING to be here, buy now, enjoy later.

How would one go about buying in advance if one were not in the Greater Ottawa Area? I checked ticket web and they are sold out...

Definitely some groovy tunes last night in the Hammer. I had never saw Charlie perform before or really listened to much, if any, of his solo material and for some reason I thought it was going to be a three piece.

It may as well have been a three piece as he's got the bass and guitar covered on that crazy guitar of his. The drummer was tight and very driving at some points. They seemed to get lost a few times within the tunes they were playing which, to me, kind of fucked with the tempo I was grooving to.

It was a good show but not as jaw-dropping as I thought it might be.

That was a pretty entertaining show! There's got to be some iphone vids out there; I saw lots of folks taping them. I agree, I definitely got the feeling they weren't totally familiar with each other and saw them stumble at times. But, at other points their synchronicity was fantastic. Yep - go get your $17 worth. I stood front row for the first half and was mesmerized by Hunter's playing. Either of his hands (fret or pluck) was astounding to watch.