Jambands.ca

Drive-By Truckers Ontario dates announced

NewRider

a recording should pop up on archive sometime soon. I'll keep ya posted.

It's up.

Drive-By Truckers

2011-01-27

Crossroads Cafe

Huntsville, Ala.

Recorded by: MSTaper

Transferred by: MSTaper

*** A Team Dirty South Recording ***

Avantone CK-1 (cardoid) > UA-5 > R-09 (@24/28)

FOB/slightly ROC; mics abou6 7' high; about 40' from the band

SDHC> HDD > Wavelab 6 > CD WAVE > FLAC > Traders' Little Helper

Set List:

01 Intro

02 Birthday Boy

03 Go-Go Boots

04 Where the Devil Won't Stay

05 Putting People on the Moon

06 Cartoon Gold

07 Box of Spiders

08 Pulaski

09 Patterson Rap

10 Mercy Buckets

11 Marry Me

12 Boys From Alabama

13 Three Dimes Down

14 Play It All Night Long

15 Get Downtown

16 It's Gonna Be (I Told Ya So)

17 Drag the Lake Charlie

18 Self Destructive Zones

19 Sinkhole

20 Uncle Frank

21 Hell No I Ain't Happy

22 Encore Break

23 Heathens *

24 Carl Perkins Cadillac

25 I Used to be a Cop

26 Zip City

27 Let There Be Rock *

28 Buttholeville > State Trooper > Buttholeville *

29 People Who Died *

Running time: 2:27

* With Jason Isbell

http://www.archive.org/details/dbt2011-01-27.flac

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some info on camping. It'll be $14 / person at the campground. Apparently there's an open field area by the river they're gonna use for the rowdy's. There's also quieter family tenting in the main part of the campground. They're gonna be putting in a big fire pit. On the other hand, I could probably fit a bunch o' tents @ my place for like $13.50 :dance: or for free if I like you.

I really wish they would cancel this date.

I've never missed a DBT show in Ontario ever. This seems like it will be the only time I miss a set. The tickets are just ridiculous for an opening slot for BTO! BARF! Guaranteed they fire their booking agent shortly after that show.

You're right. It is ridiculous.

Still thinking on going to this. The two folks I'll be traveling with want to see Bachman, but I dunno about the pricing for single day, and considering two of us will without a doubt, be well into the beers, I doubt my buddy's old lady would be very happy having to put up with us for the drive home, especially the same night..she had a hard enough time with us after Tom Wilson in Oakville 2 weeks back. loljb.gif

Tom Wilson in Oakville 2 weeks back.

Of all the Tom Wilson gigs' date=' you picked one of the very few recent ones that I didn't play Greg![/quote']

Wow. Didn't think anyone from around here might be at the Moonshine in Oakville. Had one of my sister's co-workers call me up as he had to free extras for that show. I should have gone. Damn. Oh well, i was f'in exhausted from coaching at a weekend hockey tournament that I had to be up early for again the next day.

There are some vids of that show. Maybe you can see yourself in there ;)

http://bit.ly/heqkUD

Tom Wilson in Oakville 2 weeks back.

Of all the Tom Wilson gigs' date=' you picked one of the very few recent ones that I didn't play Greg![/quote']

I was hoping you were going be there. It's been awhile since we crossed paths.

There are some vids of that show. Maybe you can see yourself in there ;)

http://bit.ly/heqkUD

I might be in some of the later vids, but for the beginning of the show I was sitting down. Those were recorded from my table by one of the other couples I went to the show with. You'll see me (or hear me) in some of his other vids as well. (Doug feaver etc)

[edit to add]

I can be seen briefly in the 'Are you ready for the country' (0:43 I raise my glass..lol) & 'Matchbox' vids, to left of the screen, blue plaid shirt, grey beard and striped toque.

Edited by Guest

Esau, still trying to gauge the intrest but I'm less than an hour from the venue. I know what I'm doing after the show, gonna light a big fire in the back yard and drink the face right off of my head. You and friends are more than welcome. Lots of crash space and or tents.

made it to the truckers friday night in SF

gotta say, it was a tough crowd. we brought the ruckus, but damn if it wasn't a bunch of jaded city folk too cool to rock.

reflected in the bands energy (or maybe our perception) but made for a disappointing time. thankfully the party raged on at other locales...