Jambands.ca

Drive-By Truckers Ontario dates announced

NewRider

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having no other option than TM was not cool.

I agree. I called it quits with TM a few years ago and haven't bought one from them since (I miss a lot of shows, but fuck TM). We ordered directly from DBT's website. I doubt it's much cheaper then TM when you consider fees, cross-border mailing, exchange etc and they take considerably longer to get in your hands but I simply refuse to buy from TM.

Slow ticket sales due to lack of promotion?

Surely there were a few hundred out of that large Bluesfest crowd two years ago that would have gone if they'd have known.

Yeah I just found out about the show this week, had no clue whatsoever they were coming. And when I did hear the venue and ticket price I was like WTF?

What a disaster. Fuck, I feel bad for all you guys that were looking forward to this. The truckers are only getting an hour in Ayton, they go on at 7 and are basically opening for beduion soundclash and Sam Roberts. Lameooooh. If anybody is going to the show get in touch with me if you have Saturday off and are looking for something better to do than watch Sam Roberts play g chords for 2 hours.

Well...Tottenham would make it more than one show... just sayin' ;) Hope some arms are twisted!

true, true! :)

the problem there is that todd can't go tomorrow to DBT, so he wouldn't be able to come along to the fest either.

i am still willing to head down for tomorrow night if there were enough peeps to make it affordable....bueller...bueller...

Wow. What a show by the DBT again. Got to the Phoenix after watching Boston kick-ass in the first two periods and downing a few pitchers with a buddy. DBT kindly waited until after 10pm to start their set and we didn't miss a note.

Lotsa beers and plenty of rock'n'roll later didn't end up getting home until 2am ... ooof.

Work is useless today and i'm all draft beer'd out.

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

Right on Kev. I had tickets but when I found out game 7 was the same night I miracle'd a couple friends. I wasn't missing any part of game 7, not even for DBT - no regrets, but I am really looking forward to tonight now. I'll be easy to spot, just look for the Boston jersey, cap & fist in the air.

Carl Perkins' Cadillac

Feb. 14

Women Without Whiskey

Wife Beater

Birthday Boy

Go Go Boots

Where the Devil Don't Stay

Used to Be a Cop

Gravity's Gone

Life in the Factory

Get Downtown

Dancin' Ricky

Everybody Needs Love

Perfect Timing

Too Much Sex (Too Little Jesus)

The Weakest Man -->

Panties in Your Purse

Margo and Harold

3 Dimes Down

Hell No, I Ain't Happy

Encore:

Marry Me

Mercy Buckets

Zip City

Let There Be Rock

Shut Up and Get on the Plane

Buttholeville

Man, what a show. As always, DBT delivered the goods, full force. DBT claimed it was their favourite show of the Ontario run and I think the five encores say it all. Thanks DBT for melting my face once again. Overall a ton of fun, great venue, great sound, awesome beer prices ($4 a can), chill/friendly staff. I forgot just how awesome the Starlight really is & for a small venue they sure did it right. I can't beleive I've seen the Truckers now in two venues that small. I think word of the London shit made it around as the guys from the opening band - The Beauties - made a comment about a guy coming from London and he got boo'd... loljb.gif

When DBT was coming on I went to the truck and grabbed my Boston jersey, when coming back into the bar I was told to not start any fights. loljb.gif No fights, or risk of, but I did get a fair number of boos, but all in good fun. I did however get me a few free beers from one bartender as she was also a B's fan and we we're high fivin' through-out the evening.

Thanks to elemno for putting me up for the night and gettin my ass back to steeltown today. Couldn't ask for a better night. It's been a couple awesome days around here.

I actually had the opportunity to talk with Patterson, Brad and Jay after the show. Very nice people. Jay could actually talk your ear off. It was really fucking cool. My wife has a picture on her phone all cuddled up with patterson. Anyway, they sincerly felt bad about the ottawa cancellation. Basically it sounded like a promotion thing and the promoters were cutting some loses. NW had it bang on.

The show was pretty sparse and they let all the fans up front which was good of them. Short but rockin. I actually get to remember this one. Waterloo night memories are kinda hit and miss. Double ryes will do that to ya.

I kept the setlist, also on my wifes phone but I can't find her right now, I'll post it when I f ind her.