Jambands.ca

Wilco Launch Their Own Label; Jeff Tweedy solo tour

deranger

Wilco Launch Their Own Label; Jeff Tweedy Plays Toronto and Montreal on Solo Tour

http://exclaim.ca/News/wilco_launch_their_own_label_jeff_tweedy_plays_toronto_montreal_on_solo_tour

By Josiah HughesLast summer, Chicago alt-country dudes Wilco hinted that they would be starting their own record label after parting ways with Nonesuch. Now, the hint has become a reality as the band have revealed their very own imprint: dBpm Records.

According to a press release, the label will release "all future Wilco recordings and more," and will be distributed by Anti-. Frontman Jeff Tweedy added, "This is an idea we've discussed for years. We really like doing things ourselves, so having our own label feels pretty natural to me. And, to be working with Anti-, a label that has its roots in a label that was started by a punk rock guy to sell his own records, seems like a perfect fit for us."

The veritable Ian MacKaye of adult-contempo indie rock will be even more DIY as he embarks on some solo tour dates in March, including stops in Toronto on March 22 and Montreal on March 25. All dates are available below.

Jeff Tweedy solo tour:

3/22 Toronto, ON - Queen Elizabeth Theatre

3/25 Montreal, QC - L'Olympia de Montréal

3/26 Portland, ME - State Theatre

3/28 Madison, WI - Capitol Theater

3/29 Rochester, MN - Mayo Civic Center Presentation Hall

3/30 Iowa City, IA - The Englert Theatre

first pulled row C, all the way on the right aisle, so i let 'em go.. then got shut out.

kept pluggin' and finally got two in row A, seats 13, 18 FRONT ROW CENTRE!!

WOOFUCKINHOOO!!!

Right on. I was worried about getting shut out too when I initially pulled Row B to the right, but not all the way over. Decided to keep 'em.

You can still grab a pair in Row B seats 10+11!!!!

http://www.queenelizabeththeatre.ca/seating.html

Edited by Guest