Jambands.ca

Addison Groove Project & Diesel Dog @ Pepper Jack's

briguy

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by LittlemissPink:

I'll come, but only if VVilly yells GIVE'RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! (you know, like the good ol' days back at Izzy's)

Deal! [big Grin]

Oh man, it's going to be a crazy night! LMP, PP, QQC, Thorgnor, and Mr. T. all in the Hammer on the same night getting down to some sweet tunes? Oh my.

Hey, check this out! I was taking a look at the Addison Groove Project Web Site and I found that they have a whole CD's worth of music from this tour. So, being the geek that I am, I decided to lay it out here to so that everyone can be really lazy and never leave this thread!

From the website:

We also have an 'Archive Cuts' mix of the best new stuff from AGP Fall Tour. Here are links in mp3 format (most likely you want to right-click the links and pick 'save target as...')

01 Dunhams Radio Intro

02 The Ibim

03 Goodness Only Knows

04 Organ Donor

05 Have A Cigar

06 Brown Sunlight

07 Ramble On

08 Crullers & Nyquil

09 Fame

10 Contusion

11 Wolfgang

text file with track details

cover art by John Hall

Total Time - 71:55

great stuff...

the second track is really groovy.

the third track contains great song writing and vocals....(what a concept eh?)

we'll see what the rest of the compilation has in order for me...but so far so good...

great horn lines, more like adding textures rather than running the front lines....

the keyboard sounds like its broken, rattling the notes when the player sustains them...or maybe its just the mp3 showing its problems...

the vocals on Have A Cigar are rough...but the jam is good...i'll give BnB the clear winner on this cover.

Brown Sunlight is some funky groove...with great vocals again....seems like the theme around this song is "partying on friday night..." Have a feeling we may hear this on Friday...

Good stuff....great horn lines with some nice guitar textures....

nice rhythms....great groove.

this band is a groove band if i've ever heard one....hence the name i guess...

Steve

edit: the ramble on vocals were cheesy too...but, how can they not be, its Plant vocals...

i think Friday night is going to be entertaining...

wow, this fame is funky (how can it not be)...

i REALLY hope they play this ... i can imagine the girls really dancin to this one...

it'll be an 80's dance party...

mmmmmmmmm Fuuuunky

Final Edit:

The final track, Wolfgang, is a masterpiece.

If you only want to check one track from this band, download this song .

I hope that you didn't miss the one's here either...

-------------------------------------------

Submitted by AGP's Archivist, for your enjoyment...

Addison Groove Project

9/27/3

Somerville Theater

Somerville, MA

*Drummer, Andrew Keith's birthday

Source: (2) Schoeps CMC64 > SX-M2 > Apogee A/D1000 > D-100

recorded by: Dave Flaschner

01 crowd > El Sueno de Pablo >

02 Another Day

03 Phrenic > Breathe > Phrenic

04 Goodness Only Knows

05 Talkin' Loud and Sayin' Nothin'

06 The Delivery

07 Wolfgang

01 birthday banter > Skewer*

02 The Ocean^ > Moby Dick^

03 Ramble On^

04 But Still > Droogs > But Still

05 Pablo's Reality > The Ibim > Pablo's Reality > Juniper > Pablo's Reality

06 crowd > Brown Sunlight

07 Fame^^

* - Skewer was unfinished

^ - by Led Zeppelin, first time played, special event for drummer Andrew Keith's birthday

^^ - by David Bowie, first time played

I agree with ya Steve; there are some really good groovy tracks on there. I'll have to check out the stuff that Bouche posted now and see how it compares. From what I've hear so far, we're in for a real wild, groovy, dance party over at PJC on Friday night. Woo-hoo!

quote:

Originally posted by gentlemonkey:

Willy, you make Hamilton seem like Disneyland! Have fun everyone!
[smile]

Well, it kind of is! There's an entire strip of bars (maybe 20) all on the same quaint little street and most with live music playing almost every night of the week! Then, there's this totally kick-ass bar called the Pepper Jack Cafe that gets these wicked shows all the time. Just to top it off, Chris Briscoe (the king of Hamilton) just re-opened the Casbah and there is no doubt that there will be some amazing shows going on in that beautiful room which just happens to be about one block away from where I'll be living come mid-January. [big Grin]

I haven't even mentioned the rides yet!

quote:

Originally posted by briguy:

Seasons Greetings all.

The first person to correctly answer these two questions will win an AGP cd, sticker, and admission to tomorrow nights gig at Pepper Jack's. Please post answers here, don't email me. Oh and paisley and Esau aren't eligible to win.
[Razz]

Questions are:

1. What was Rob Marscher's (AGP keyboards) favorite show, and

2. which notable Boston band did AGP beat out in the 2003 Boston Phoenix's Readers Poll

If you've properly looked through all the posts in this thread you should know the answers.

Cheers

1 - Ziggys, Winston-Salem 11/5/03

2 - they beat the runners-up: 1) Club d'Elf 2) The Slip 3) Spooky Daly Pride - although by "notable Boston band", I guess you mean just The Slip (?).

Do I win????

"2 - they beat the runners-up: 1) Club d'Elf 2) The Slip 3) Spooky Daly Pride"

that seems odd. here in boston, there hasn't seemed to have been much energy going AGP's way this year (or for the last couple). last show i was at was certainly not sold out, whereas the slip sell out boston shows pretty quickly, and d'elf pack the lizard lounge every thursday on a consistent basis, and spooky, well, i don't know how they're doing but their manager seems happy with their success.

reason they would beat out the slip is they are more commercially viable.

the slip need listeners who have ummm, how do i put this, have a broader musical background and diverse tastes...

the slip can get out there...addision doesn't...

at least not from what i can see....i can understand them being more popular.

Archived