Jambands.ca

Hidden Track - Trey Anastasio Interview pt1

Freeker

Trey talking about the upcoming TAB tour as well as how the band really feels about signs at shows.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/ht-interview-trey-anastasio-part-one/

"I remember the Stanley Theater! The long Mr. Completely and everyone was dancing crazy hard and pieces of the balcony started falling on people’s heads! That was an unbelievable night. The manager of the building ran onstage and stopped us. No kidding. People were dancing so hard that the building was falling apart. Unreal. Wow, I remember a bunch of people backstage that night too. I think it might have been the moe. guys and some friends. Just a great night, all around."

Still one of my favorite nights of music, glad we were in the balcony!!

That was some seriously intense energy at that show and confirmed on moe guys because I ran into Al. Loved that show. I think everytime I looked at POG I was laughing at the absurdity. Great little stories from Trey as well. Fuckme, he used to play a bad guitar.

There was plaster falling all over us and my girlfriend decided to leave because she was so scared and I stayed using the following argument "If you're gonna die then this is the way to go!"

Couldnt go wrong with the dinner spread we lucked into before Raq aftershow either.

Yeah what the hell was that? Some sort of wedding reception?

And yeah Booche you're totally right it was Al. I remember because it was the first of the many bad encounters I had with him over the years.

Yes it was Brad. I would venture to guess it was some kind of work party. All I recall is some old drunken broads pretty much tackling us saying "You boys look hungry and we have way too much food left over." This was the day after celebrating my mom's bday way too fucking late (I blame POG). I cant believe the US border guards allowed me to cross. I smelled like a distillery.

And look what I found boys after some digging.............. I've always loved TAB shows and this was one of my favorites, only behind Albany 99 which was fucking sick ::mouth agape::

It was another absurd event in a night full of absurdity:

rbbbde.jpg

The infamous balcony before lift off. I remember thinking "Jesusfuckingchrist, this place is beautifully small":

qycoky.jpg

Next to impossible to get a pic in there thanks to the camera I had and the movement of said balcony:

2l8humx.jpg

After the balcony almost collapsed Trey had to go acoustic with his horn players having to play sans mics (we also got a completely Trey solo Pebbles And Marbles which was the first time I had heard that song and immediately fell in fucking love with it. Some dude up front requested it as Trey walked up to his mic "Thanks, I didnt know what I was going to play" something like that):

108gy13.jpg