Jambands.ca

books hippies should read

SmellyPants

quote:

The Electric Kool-aid Acid Test, Tom Wolfe (this is a must read for all dead fans)

One of the more difficult reads out there, but fascinating.

I would add, Long Strange Trip, The Tommyknockers, The Foundation Trilogy (thanks Thorgnor) and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

BTW, Hitchhiker has to be the ONLY double 'h' word in the english language.

[if anyone wants to take me to chapters one day i'll share my employee discount with you and we can damn the man for putting most of the independant bookstores out of business! [/QB]

Right on cutegeek!

There are so many out of print books that would slide into oblivion if it was'nt for independent book stores.We would be living in a fahrenheit 451 like nightmare if the man chose all the books we could buy. [Mad]

Another Canadian author worth reading is Timothy Findley. "Not Wanted On the Voyage" is a masterpiece.

I loved that book too hamilton,you were reading my mind.I find Timothys ideas wicked original but for some reason I don't care much for his writing style.My mom works for me in my store (she is a born againer)and if she ever found out what that book was about she whould find some way to get rid of them.

For those who havent read it, it is a satirical take on noah's ark.Fricken hilarious.

quote:

My mom works for me in my store (she is a born againer)and if she ever found out what that book was about she whould find some way to get rid of them.

Sweet! I got me some juicy book titles here to share with Norma [big Grin]

or wait a minute...if i'm Smelly, like some have suggested...does that mean Norma's my mom and good ole Jimbo is daddy [Roll Eyes][Roll Eyes]

Archived