Jambands.ca

PHISH Summer Tour 2011 - Confirm'd

Kanada Kev

there's gonna be a lot of wookies sleeping in the fields surrounding Bethel. Three nights there is kinda nuts IMO. Beautiful venue, but as already mentioned there is nothing close. and it's real easy to get lost in that area. really interesting area, with lots of chasidic camps throughout. although, the shows are before school is out, so it may not be as busy.

The Darien Center show comes with another perk. Fans that purchase tickets to the June 8 gig at Darien Lake Performing Arts Center will receive free admission to the theme park located adjacent to the venue. The Darien Lake Theme Park will be open exclusively to ticketholders the day of the show.

I find that hard to believe. The park would lose a ton of revenue, plus I would imagine that it would be tough to get the word out that it would be effectively closed to the public for an entire day. I may be proven wrong, but I would be very surprised if that turns out to be true.

I think that prior to prime season, parks such as this are usually closed Monday to Friday. The exception would be end of the year school trip days- as is common at Canada's Wonderland. If it were July 8th you would be totally correct.

I for one am totally pumped for this- hell shouldn't I be? Its on my 35th birthday, with roller coasters, and funnel cakes and Phish.

Thank you universe!

1997-08-14mo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

more dates announced...

8/05 - The Gorge Amphithetare, George, WA

8/06 - The Gorge Amphithetare, George, WA

8/08 - Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA

8/09 - Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harvey's, Lake Tahoe, CA

8/10 - Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harvey's, Lake Tahoe, CA

8/12 - Outside Lands Festival, San Franscico, CA

8/15 - UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL

8/16 - UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL

8/17 - UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL

West Coast looks great. Tahoe is totally a destination show. We just booked rooms at a resort. Plan is Gorge and Tahoe. Would do HOllywood bowl but not so interested in the 20 hours from Gorge to LA.

I wouldn't rule out Hartford>SPAC just yet. I'm pretty sure there will be a couple more shows announced.

As well...rumour is NYE Miami.

Make sure to spread all the rumours folks...what would Phish be without them.