Jambands.ca

Killer new band: The Sheepdogs

Jaimoe

Just saw on FB that these guys are playing the Casbah lounge tonight here in Hamilton for anyone interested.

Here are the other Ontario dates..

03/04/11 Hamilton, ON The Casbah Lounge

03/05/11 Kingston, ON The Mansion

03/06/11 Montreal, QC L’Escogriffe

03/07/11 London, ON Call The Office

03/08/11 St. Catherines, ON Mansion House

03/11/11 Toronto, ON The Horseshoe Tavern

07/09/11 Toronto, ON Edgefest '11

yeah, nice won (as in you're winning) c-towns.

I saw they were opening for the Sadies (I think it was) recently and was checking out some of their youtube vids.

Seems like the type of band I'd want to go see live to really soak in their sound.

Caught most of their single set show at the very packed Casbah Lounge with Mr. Tonin and \/\/illy. Very solid rockin' show and their vocals just put it over the top! Too packed in the room to get the groove on but Mr. Tonin managed to 'roll down a couple windows'. :)

Made a last minute decision to catch these guys on Friday night in Hamilton, and arrived 4 or 5 songs into their one and only set. I really enjoyed what I heard ... lots of songs and riffs that reminded of the Allmans, and solid vocals. But I was surprised and disappointed when they finished and did not play another set, given that it was before 1 am when they finished, and no band followed them. Strange.

I'd go to see them again, and would love to hear them play a full two-set show.

Thanks to mousepad for twisting my arm to go and for getting me to and from the show!

Peace, Mark

P.S. Thanks for posting the video clips Esau. The guy video taping was standing right next to me for that second video.

Edited by Guest
added a ps

When asked about playing a second set, they said something about the contract only calling for one set. They said they'd be playing a two set show the next night, and that they play 3 set shows sometimes. It just seemed odd to me for them to be done when they were done, given that the room was packed, the audience was craving more, and there was no other band following them. It appeared to be a good opportunity for the band to really impress. But I can appreciate that there were likely other factors at work that I was unaware of.

Peace, Mark