Jambands.ca

Turntable Troubleshooting

bouche

20100904104214_1042.jpg

my bro has this listed at $500, I could probably get it cheaper, for a friend (good luck with that lol). I mean, that's if your interested in something of real quality.

Name: Goldring 1042

Description:

The 1042 is a cartridge for the audiophile who demands the ultimate sonic performance from their system, together with the convenience of a user replacable stylus. The extended groove contact of its Gyger-S diamond gives the 1042 unsurpassed resolution of the fine groove modulations, producing an exceptionally detailed, smooth and musical sound.

Specification:

Frequency Response 20Hz-20kHz±3dB

Sensitivity 6.5mV±1.5dB, 1kHz @ 5 cm/sec

Static Compliance 24mm/N lat., 16mm/N vert

Stylus Radius: Gyger S

Stylus Type Replaceable

Load Resistance 47,000 Ohm

Load Capacitance 150-200pF

Cartridge Weight 6.3g

Playing Weight 1.5-2.0g (1.7g nom.

20091208083044_benz%20micro.jpg

This one is about a grand.

Name: Benz Micro Glider S

Description:

The Benz Glider is probably the best known Benz cartridge and gives you a lot of music for the money!

The Glider SL, SM, SH all incorporate the Benz Dynascan system with a Gyger S stylus coupled to improved generators using new coil windings and refined pole pieces/damper designs. Experimenting with the length of the solid Boron cantilever revealed how the elasticity of this very stiff material affected compliance and trackability. Development of a grooved rear pole piece for countersinking the o-ring damper, first introduced on the Benz Ruby square plate cartridges, was then adapted to the cross-coil designs, given their lower contact area and damping characteristics. The lower mass coils and matched cantilevers of the new S-Class retain their real world output levels and with their improved styli, offer heightened performance. These cartridges yield one of the best performance/value ratios in cartridge market, regardless of output level.

Special Price: $949.99

Specification:

Low output: 0.4mV

Medium Output: 0.8mV

High Output: 2.5mV

Weight: 6.8g

Tracking force: 1.6-1.9g

20090806111358_elektra.jpg

This one would run you $100

Item #: GOLDELEKTRA

Name: Goldring Elektra MM phono cartridge

Description:

We are clearing out the remaing few Goldring Elektra cartridges we have in stock.

For the money, these reliable performers sound fantastic!

The Elektra is a low-cost moving magnet phono cartridge which incorporates several audiophile features. Tracking ability is excellent and this cartridge uses an Elliptical stylus tip. The low-mass cantilever assembly has a surprisingly wide ranging compatibility with the best tonearms and turntables available.

Arcadia Audio's cartridges

He has other shit to that's not listed on the webpage, some lower priced stuff and some really expensive shit.

But, when I play it, it's got random static noise and it skips around.

Something else to consider would be one of these little guys:

20101216082549_milty-zerostat.jpg

Name: Milty Zerostat

Description:

An absolute necessity for any serious turntable owner, especially during the long dry winter. A slow pull of the trigger and all the pops and snaps caused by static build up disappear!

I don't have one of these yet myself but for 90 bucks to zap all the static out of your records, it would be a good investment.

I can only by the exact cartridge for the turntable I have and it's going to cost.. Dum DUm dummmmm....$20. So I guess it's all shitty after all.

The amount of enjoyment I get out of playing vinyl, I should probably look at a better turntable.

is something old and used like this worth $80 ?

turntablei.jpg

I can only by the exact cartridge for the turntable I have and it's going to cost.. Dum DUm dummmmm....$20. So I guess it's all shitty after all.

The amount of enjoyment I get out of playing vinyl, I should probably look at a better turntable.

is something old and used like this worth $80 ?

turntablei.jpg

Damn what happened to the shit I just wrote. Anyway, I'm not going to retype it all again. I love your turntable. I'm a sucker for the vintage gear, my turntable is a dual, from the 70's. That being said, I know exactly what I want to get, and I will. In the meantime my "freebie" turntable and "freebie" cartridge are doing me just fine

I don't know, i try to take those big black round things to play in my car stereo. Do you think i should get a new stylus for my pioneer? And seriously how do you get those things through that tiny little slot?

Seriously though, if you're playing your records through a 30 dollar cartridge, you should probably upgrade. You can hear huge a difference between a 30 dollar cartridge and a 100 dollar cartridge, and even better, like all things, if you spend even more. There's some people that claim you should spend just as much on your cartridge as you do on the turntable. So $3000 turntable, $3000 cartridge. I think that's a bit extreme. There's even lots of people who keep seperate arms set up that they can interchange depending on what music you're listening to. A little extreme for me but I can definitely see why people do it.

I can probably get you a good deal on a cartridge if you are interested.

and one more thing, I just got the GD box set from Star records in Oshawa. If anybody ever gets a chance to check that record store out, you should. It's a good one. They have a 180g pressing of Bitch's Brew that I want to get so bad. Maybe next week.

and just one more little thing, if my name was singled out in a sarcastic way for any sort of reason like it feels like it was....suck it baby I don't give a fuck. If it wasn't meant as sarcasm, just don't read the rest of this paragraph, cuz I'm getting my rant on. I've got my shit together. I've got the fucking Tiger blood in me, a fucking warlock and if my MIND desires it, I can wipe you little trolls completeley off of this planet. Kick your little heads to another dimension where the smell of dogshit constantly fills your nose and the garbage and maggots fester everywhere around you, and I don't even do cocaine. No time for that bullshit antisocial white crap that is probably the biggest waste of money and energy on this planet. And if you don't like me saying that cuz I might offend a user, I really don't give a fat fuck you anti-social fucking 'tard. If I appear insane, it's probably just because I am all on my own, i don't need to go on a "journey of epic proportions", to figure that one out. I've known since I was 15 years old, when i was shoplifting ACDC cds from wal-mart. Collecting records is something relatively new to me (again), been at it for a around a year and I got probably 100 records or so, that I really like. Ain't no shit in there, I don't buy a box of records to get 95 records I won't listen to for the 5 I want. I just get the 5 I want.

The combination of my brother owning a hi-fi business and me finally getting into a point in life, settling down to one place to live has allowed me the time and space to do it, without having to worry about moving my shit every few months or year or two from one god-forsaken hole to the next. Now I just get hotel rooms or couch surf when I'm in whatever shit hole I go to and leave all my good shit home. It has nothing to do with jumping on any bandwagon just to be cool. But I will tell you this, IT IS COOL AS FUCK and if I like you, which I probably don't (mainly cuz I'm kinda pissed and haven't seen my family in almost three weeks so I'm grumpy as fuck), I may even invite some of you fuckers over some time to listen to it with me but I doubt that will ever happen cause a journey into the peace and quiet of cottage country is something most of you only do on summer weekends, instead you stay in whatever shit hole you live in, where the sound of cars passing never goes a way. Silence would be too much for most of you to handle. You'd probably go insane.

And if anybody has any sort of problem with me, maybe it should be dealt with in private in the future cuz if I feel scorned or threatened, in public, I will toss my normally very easy going nature to the side and fucking destroy you. I don't care who you are or who you think you are. And if happens again on this board, I probably just won't come back. You think I have time to type this shit out? aahhhh, no. I should be on the road right now getting back to the peace and sanity that is my home, with my family.

I love you all like you are my very own blood brothers and sisters. Now, go fuck yo-selves.

(that felt good, a little technique my good friend, so good a friend in fact that he can over anytime to listen to records without even giving me prior notice, vanagon scott)

Don't worry about me, I'll be getting laid in an hour or two, then all will be right in the world again. Right now I'm hyper sensitive.