Jambands.ca

Norm Macdonald in Kingston

bouche

Is anyone going to see Norm Macdonald in Kingston this sunday? We got tickets a while ago...I just checked and the sales seem to be very very sad. You can check out what tickets are left here. I've always been a big Norm fan, but he's hung a sign that says "Out To Lunch" for a number of years.

Howard Stern is trying to get him onto Sirius H100 to do fake news.

love norm. wish he'd do fake news on H100 Rt @normmacdonald Havent heard anything from #CharlieSheen lately. I hope hes still not all right.

On netflix, SNL goes back to season 20. We put an episode on with Alec Baldwin before he got old man puffy head and it was loaded with funny. Norm's news still holds strong. I laughed so hard, he had me pissing off the side of the couch.

When I saw him in September he had more than enough good material, probably the 2nd or 3rd best comedy set I've ever seen. His standup career is fine - selling out theatres is pretty good I'd say! TV career dead, sure.

All you kingston fuckers better be joining us.

aka me?

I'm not really too keen on live comedy. Watching comedy on TV is just as good as being there in person' date=' IMO.

Hope you had a blast though ...[/quote']

I've always enjoyed going to a comedy show. It's great seeing comedians feeding off the audience, and vice versa. I saw the Sklar brothers in San Fran last September and they were fucking hilarious. I saw Robin Williams do a surprise improv routine at my wife's pub and it was killer, and I'll never forget it. Nice guy too. I was considering staying home that night too.

Norm in the hammer was so much better than I was expecting. He really is one of the best comedians you can see these days. I was tearing most of the show. Love how he changes topics all the time, making up new words, called out a woman in front of us for taking over 45 pictures, noting that they probably look similar and that she was asian.

Crowd was so respectful and definitely big fans.

Steve Fromstein killed also with his hilarious often cringe worthy material, heavy on religion and other social issues.

Great night for Comedy in Hamilton.

I will never go to a show at that venue again. Seats were so ridiculously small you couln't move. They were meant for banquet tables, not packing them in like sardines. It was basically like 2 people sharing 1 and a half seats.

I found steve fromstein to have some good material, but he had terrible delivery. So terrible in fact that he had to make a point that he was reading from a list.

i liked the leap he took with some of them jokes though. Religion is a very touchy subject and he said some things that must have offended a few people in there while the rest weren't sure if they should laugh or not. That's what I loved about his set.

I'm sure if he was in Texas, he'd have a different list of jokes to read from.

and his notes were on an ipad!! he seemed like he had a very fluid and natural delivery, you know, other than he's saying stuff that is so socially unacceptable that it's funny. and he has this really twilight zone sense of timing that leaves you with just enough time to sit and think if you should laugh. funny tension. who does beastiality in their set? too funny. really liked him.

but norm is the king.

comedy shows are good. nice change from the rock and roll shows.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...