Jambands.ca

Crosby

badams

I was just watching Connected with PTS with Bob McCowan. McCowan said he has had phone conversations with various people that are claiming Crosby's family is trying to convince him to quit hockey. They are saying he has accomplished all he can in hockey and needs to seriously consider his health.

Obviously we have to take this with a grain of salt but it us odd how quiet the entire Crosby camp has been about his concussion.

Time will tell...

Guest Low Roller

I don't want Crosby to quit. I want him to stop crying like a pussy. He is a great hockey player.

Then again maybe that's what it will take, their poster boy walks away before the prime of his career fearing for his health, for the League to realize that something may be up.

Concussions have been the factor in a lot of players calling it quits in the NHL over the years. They are also not all caused by dirty hits, or head shots etc. I really doubt his retiring would make the NHL rethink anything.

Only way we'll see no more concussions in hockey would be to make it non-contact. Either that or the equipment should be redesigned.

Guest Low Roller

A couple of days after the retirement rumours the NHL made sure to make a rather public display of Crosby returning to the ice to run a few laps and shoot a few pucks.

But I saw right through their cheap chicanery- Crosby is clearly not into it at all at this point.

• 8 months later...