Jambands.ca

RC: Tweedy tomorrow in Toronto (with a MTL update added)

Wassink Wild Card!

massively annoying sing-along

Sing-alongs have their time and place. I assume Friday will have at least one or two and it fucking better. No one I went with to see Wilco in Ottawa complained about the crowd singing along to Jesus Etc. That shits waaaaay different than drunken clowns who dont know when to shut up.

Deranger, you probably would have complained at a Dead show when the crowd joined in during NFA.

;)

First off, I agree that sing alongs always have their time and place and aren't at all always annoying. God only knows I've "sang along" shit loads. Jesus Etc sing along was annoying but more because I got the impression Jeff Tweddy was a) tired off singing it B) tired of the subtle crowd sing along, so he made an obvious crowd sing along.

Second, I'm basing this on that small fundraiser or contest show that was posted online or on their website, that Jeff Tweedy played solo, where the entire audience tried to sing along to literally every song. It was a small room and a small audience but man was it annoying hearing the room try to sing with him.

It wasn't drunken clowns and I have no doubt that these shows will be awesome, but for $45 a piece, I would be pissed if people attempted to sing with more than say a few songs.

And I always sing along to NFA.

Here's the setlist:

In A Future Age

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

new song-Open Up Your Mind?

IATTBYH

One Wing

Muzzle of Bees

Chinese Apple

Via Chicago

Please Be Patient With Me

—happy birthday sung to guitar tech Steve—

I'm Always In Love

The Ruling Class

You Are Not Alone

Wait Up

A Magazine Called Sunset

Poor Places

Hummingbird

-----------------

Jesus, etc.

California Stars

A Shot in the Arm

-----------------

Acuff-Rose (performed at edge of stage w/o PA system)

Fantastic show!!! Soooooo happy I didn't miss this one. Acoustic Kidsmoke was killer Bob, I agree.

Thanks for posting that vid of Acuff Rose. I'm so glad the audience didn't f it all up and you could almost hear a pin drop.

Wish I could go again tonight.

Thanks for the set list. That song Open Up Your Mind was amazing, are we sure it is new? I know I didn't recognize it...

Yup, that's a new one. He performed it (twice) at the George Stroumboulopolous taping the other day. You'll be able to see it when it's broadcast this Friday night. He didn't say the name of the song on the show, sorry.

Bob, Bri and Mellie, it was great having preshow beers 'n' wings with ya. Nice bumping into TimmyB and a bunch of other skanks too. Sorry I was brief but I had to run and then found a seat by the bar. We had to bail right after the show to get back to the babysitter.

Thanks for that video... loved being no more than 10 feet away from him as he belted it out. What really got me last night was how respectful the Toronto audience was during the songs. Completely silent in there which is rare in a TO venue.

Great to see ya kev, b,Jake and thanks for the ride over to the venue Pete. Good times.

Whose got my heady free :) kickdown for tonight? I so wanna go back!

Edited by Guest