Jambands.ca

Official Bluesfest 2011 Lineup

Freeker

It's a shame how under attended the former Black Sheep stage has been this year. They should do more to advertise its presence in the other stage areas. The Hard Rock stage went dark early last night and there was no way to know there was more live music just around the corner. At least its a nice respite when you need a rest from the chaos.

As to the new stage setup... I think I prefer it this way. One major benefit is that you get a much better sight line when you are stuck at the back of the crowd. No longer does the soundboard take up most of the view past a certain point.

Probably my biggest complaint is all the money the $6 beers are costing me!

Had a good time last night. A sweaty Girl Talk show followed by some oldies tunes by David Clayton-Thomas was the perfect marriage.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Clayton-Thomas was fantastic!

He was really great, eh? I loved his throwback performance style. Almost every song was introduced with "I got a lot of requests for this next number...". I totally didn't clue in to the Blood, Sweat and Tears connection until he mentioned it. Too bad about the sound bleed though.

I'll start by saying the new set up didn't really bother me at all. I sold a ticket, breezed in, got my ID bracelet and a beer all within 10 minutes. The movement from stage to stage seemed fine by me. I did however really miss the West End entrance- I just can't figure out why its gone and why they can't put it back. But if that is the only complaint for a $15 night of David Clayton Thomas, The Sheepdogs, Girl Talk and Steve Miller- I'm good.

DCT gets another nod from me- totally excellent!

While I thought The Sheepdogs music was good, their stage presence was lacking.

Girl Talk was fun as hell if you like that kind of thing, and I certainly did last night.

By the time I seperated with my crew to find french fries to absorb some of the booze, there as no way to get back into the crowd. DO NOT try to navigate through an older headliner/ older crowd. They were pushing back and being very pissy about letting people move through.

Steve Miller was himself and the crowd lapped it up. We've all heard his killer songs 1000 times before and its just good time rock n roll.

I bet the ones who were pushing back and being very pissy would have otherwise been in lawn chairs

Thats the worst part: two of the most vocal women were standing next to their empty lawn chair which was lying open. If there were a few hundred more of those then I can see how the main stage area appeared to be so packed.

Make up your minds people!: you want a chair to sit in; or you want to stand. You shouldn't be able to have both.

Thats the worst part: two of the most vocal women were standing next to their empty lawn chair which was lying open. If there were a few hundred more of those then I can see how the main stage area appeared to be so packed.

You got lucky, last night was tranquil compared to the first two nights. In fact I don't think I'd even seen a lawn chair until last night. You take your life in your own hands now at the main stage in those bigger crowds if you have a lawn chair especially during the stage switch stampede.

If anyone else thinks the new changes are total bullshit I invite you to contact Bfest and make your voice heard. If we can help fix the logistical problems maybe it won't be such a clusterfuck next year.

Mike Rouleau

Director of Operations

mrouleau@ottawabluesfest.ca

You got lucky' date=' last night was tranquil compared to the first two nights. In fact I don't think I'd even seen a lawn chair until last night. You take your life in your own hands now at the main stage in those bigger crowds if you have a lawn chair especially during the stage switch stampede.

If anyone else thinks the new changes are total bullshit I invite you to contact Bfest and make your voice heard. If we can help fix the logistical problems maybe it won't be such a clusterfuck next year.

Mike Rouleau

Director of Operations

mrouleau@ottawabluesfest.ca[/quote']

I like the new layout, but I also don't like lawn chairs.

I'm in Ottawa for work for a few days and will be heading to Bluesfest Saturday night. Would be great to run into some friends and skanks.

Hope to see you. If I do, please make it easy on me and reintroduce yourself - NYE is still only a very fuzzy series of snippits.

What will you be seeing? I will likely bounce along randomly until The Hip.

The Keys came on at about 10:35 I think and played about 45-50 min. The sound cut out at one point pretty bad but other than that it was great, even did an encore.

I'm just glad I got this puppy home safe and sound

BlackKeys.jpg

I checked out the poster during the downpour and decided against it. They had some of the Crosshairs from their Milwaukee show a few days ago so I got that instead.

Anyone who ran into me last night heard me complain about the beer lines. Am I wrong or were those not the longest lines ever? I drank 2 beers on a Friday night @ BFest. That's what drove me away -- not the rain! ;)

I never bring snoots but considering it tonight because with The Hip as the main draw I think it's going to be more of the same.