Jambands.ca

Official Bluesfest 2011 Lineup

Freeker

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent weekend writeup Jay.

"The band played with virtuous-tic purpose and was totally on point for everything I witnessed. Gord Downie started with his antics early, offering as he typically does, an entirely improvised one-man mime show featuring hundreds of characters in interpretational scenarios, while simultaneously singing the hits. I think his method of engagement is superbly original, and still draws me in after twenty years seeing them live."

Fab.

Excellent weekend writeup Jay.

"The band played with virtuous-tic purpose and was totally on point for everything I witnessed. Gord Downie started with his antics early, offering as he typically does, an entirely improvised one-man mime show featuring hundreds of characters in interpretational scenarios, while simultaneously singing the hits. I think his method of engagement is superbly original, and still draws me in after twenty years seeing them live."

Fab.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Aw I'm sorry bouche. Here's some content to make up for it.

Did anyone catch Protest The Hero last night on the MBNA stage? I thought they were a good progressive metal band, from Whitby Ontario. The singer was hilarious with the banter. This is what I can remember, and totally paraphrased. Guy had wicked timing.

Sorry. I know there are a lot of old people here and I'm sorry. The kids these days like their screaming and yelling and loud guitars... honestly, I don't really like it all that much myself.
I'm feeling old. I'm only 25 but I can't stand teenagers. They all have stupid haircuts. I had a stupid haircut when I was a teenager. That's just the time to have a stupid haircut. I wish I could go back in time and punch some sense into my teenage self. In fact that's what you should do when you see a teenager with a stupid haircut -- punch him in the face... ok, maybe don't punch him in the face, just say, "You have a stupid haircut!"

and after a few more songs...

And what's with teenagers dropping like flies? They're committing suicide left, right and centre. Teenagers are so senitive these days... so, maybe you should just keep quiet about their stupid haircuts.

nice shots, dave. i love the one of jed rached.

i really wanted to see trampled by turtles, but have a dental appointment for a possible root canal at 6:45. no bluegrassy good times for me. :dazed:

i am hoping to make it down for my morning jacket though. the more i listen to them, the more i like them. i love the combination of heavy and ethereal/trippy that they pull off.

tumblr_loazjpsE8Q1qgadlyo1_500.gif

Shitty sound. Too bad I can't rely on bluesfest mainstage anymore. I saw them motioning for what felt like over an hour to get FOH to cut back the kick/bass/keys region.

Very overpowering rock out mode...glad this was my first show as it can ONLY get better from here on in.

This band is all about dynamics and tonight at BF was certainly not set for a band like this.

Whineola aside, awesome band. These guys and Wilco should tour and invite me along.

Edited by Guest